ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
All 152 rooms feature LCD TVs with cable channels, and you can enjoy balconies, WiFi and coffee/tea makers. Fridges and room service make in-room dining convenient. In-room massages, hairdryers and phones are also available.
A day of pampering can include massages, facials and mani/pedis. The hotel's own poolside bar and bar/lounge are nice places to enjoy a drink. Spend the day at the beach and enjoy the on-site outdoor tennis court and pool loungers. Added amenities include WiFi in public areas and laundry facilities. Each morning full breakfast is served between 6:30 AM and 10 AM. There's also self parking, along with the convenience of an airport shuttle.
With a stay at this 4-star Fraser Island hotel, you'll be 0.6 km (0.4 mi) from Great Sandy Strait and 12.4 km (7.7 mi) from River Heads Ferry Dock.
Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island ratings based on 22 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
10 May 2019 by Manager
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your time out on the island and appreciate your kind comments about our staff. Unfortunately due to the anonymous nature of your review I am unable to identify the room you stayed in, however please accept my sincerest apologies for the shortfalls. I note your feedback and will address your concerns with our Housekeeping Manager. I will also be sure to let our Food and Beverage team know they impressed. On behalf of us all, all the best with your future travels. Kind Regards, David Hay- GM
25 Mar. 2019 by Manager
Thank you for taking the time to post. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and the staff impressed. I will be sure to commend them accordingly. On behalf of all of the team, we wish you all the very best with your future travels. Kind Regards, David Hay- GM
22 Mar. 2019 by Manager
I am sorry to hear your accommodation did not meet your expectations and have shared your feedback with our Rooms Division Manager for investigation of what went wrong with your friends room, please extend my apologies to them as well. I do hope there were aspects of your stay you enjoyed. On behalf of the team, all the best with your future travels. Kind Regards, David Hay- GM
26 Feb. 2019 by Manager
Thank you for taking the time to post. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us. Although I am hoping the cool change will eliminate this issue, I would like to assure you we are working hard to implement additional measures to combat flies that have been seen due to recent weather. Please accept my apologies. On behalf of the team, we wish you all the very best. Kind Regards, David Hay- GM
29 Jan. 2019 by Manager
Thank you so much for taking the time to post and for the recommendation. I have shared your kind comments with the team and behalf of us all, we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind Regards, David Hay- GM
15 Jan. 2019 by Manager
Thank you for taking the time to post. Kind Regards, David Hay- Resort GM
15 Jan. 2019 by Manager
Thank you for taking the time to post. Kind Regards, David Hay- GM
11 Jan. 2019 by Manager
From the star rating I would just like to extend my sincerest apologies that there were aspects of your stay that failed to impress. Kind Regards, David Hay- Resort GM
About the Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser IslandLocation Fraser Island, Fraser Island, QLD 4655
Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island offers its guests an outdoor tennis court and an outdoor pool. There are 3 restaurants on site, along with a nearby corner/local shop. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include A beach bar, A poolside bar, and A bar/lounge. A computer station is on site and WiFi is available in public spaces for a fee. There's an onsite business centre. Spa services, tour or ticket assistance, and gift shops/news stands are also featured at the family-friendly Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island. A round-trip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and a ferry terminal shuttle are available for a fee. Parking is available for a fee. This 4-star Fraser Island hotel is smoke free.
- 152 guestrooms or units
- 3 dining venues
- Bar on the beach
- Bar by the pool
- Bar or lounge
- Supervised kids' activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Pool or billiards table
- Corner/local shop
- Outdoor picnic space
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- On-site shopping
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor tennis court
- Grocery/convenience store
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Playground on site
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: WiFi (surcharge)
Self parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Hervey Bay, QLD (HVB) (26.3 km / 16.3 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle and ferry terminal shuttle
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island offers 152 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with coffee/tea makers and a hairdryer. Rooms open to balconies. LCD televisions come with cable channels. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit. This Fraser Island hotel provides wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and in-room massages can be requested.
- Private balcony
- In-room dining
- HD television
- Cable channels
- Coffee maker
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
On-site venue – This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Room service is available.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Facial treatments
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available upon request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Guests will be booked on the 3:30 PM ferry from River Heads on their arrival date (surcharge apply, payable on check-in). Alternative departure times from River Heads are 9 AM, 12:30 PM, and 6:45 PM. Guests preferring one of these times can arrive at River Heads reception 40 minutes prior to departure. 4WD vehicle ferry transfers surcharges vary, and pre-booking is required. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Airport transport is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for AUD 25 per stay.
- No pets allowed
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: AUD 25 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 15.00 (for 2 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 23.00 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: AUD 23.00 (roundtrip), (from 4 to 14 years old)
- Self-parking fee: AUD 20 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: AUD 25 per stay
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
You should know
- To get to the property, guests need to transfer by boat. Transfers need to be confirmed by contacting the property at least 72 hours before travel at the number on the booking confirmation.
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian star ratings agency, Star Ratings Australia.