Queenstown accommodation from AU$46
More than just hotels
Apartments, cabins, holiday rentals and more, plus millions of reviews from Aussie & Kiwi travellers
Free cancellation on select hotels and 24/7 support, so you can book with confidence
Check hotel prices in Queenstown
Top hotel deals in Queenstown
Top budget Queenstown hotel deals
Top luxury Queenstown hotel deals
What is the best luxury accommodation in Queenstown?
- For absolute luxury, try The Rees Hotel. This New Zealand accommodation has a private beach and wharf on Lake Wakatipu, and rooms include perks like fireplaces, jetted tubs, and free toiletries. Its on-site restaurant, True South Dining Room, has won awards for both food and its wine list.
- For a more secluded feel, stay at Eichardt’s Private Hotel. With only 11 rooms—all of which have views of Lake Wakatipu—this luxury boutique hotel will make you feel like you have total privacy. Request an in-room massage or take in the views of the lake from Eichardt’s Bar, which serves European cuisine.
What is the best family accommodation in Queenstown?
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel Queenstown just steps from Queenstown Beach, Steamer Wharf, and the TSS Earnslaw steamship. The hotel provides complimentary cribs and babysitting for an added fee.
- The 3-star Heartland Hotel folds lots of perks into cheap accommodation. Book a family room that comes with a kitchenette, sitting area, and free toiletries. The on-site restaurant has a kids menu for the little ones, and childcare is available for an additional fee.
Where should I stay in Queenstown?
- City centre: From renowned restaurants to late-night live music, there’s always something going on in Queenstown CBD. Head to Mall Street and sample a variety of cuisines at restaurants like Captain’s or Winnies, or try a handcrafted cocktail at Eichardt’s.
- Arrowtown: About 20km northeast of Queenstown, historic Arrowtown looks much as it did during the gold rush. Eat, drink, and shop your way down Buckingham Street, or get in touch with nature in the many mountain trails that surround the town.
- Gibbston Valley: Known as “The Valley of the Vines,” Gibbston’s wine trail is world-renowned. Hit up spots like Peregrine Wines, Waitiri Creek Wines, and Gibbston Valley Winery to start—the area is also known for its cheese, and really, what else do you need in life?
The suburb of Queenstown City Centre has many different hotels, and is located only 0.08 kilometres outside of the CBD. It would be clever to browse the 53 offered. The Dairy Private Luxury Hotel and Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel offer some nice amenities, so try to have a look!
If you love birds, butterflies and flowers, you'll enjoy a temporary escape to Queenstown Gardens. Book a room at LakeRidge Queenstown and Alpine Apartments, and you won't be far from this attraction. Give your tired legs a reprieve and get on board Skyline Gondola instead. It's a unique way to reach your destination. This spot's closest accommodation options include Browns Boutique Hotel and Sofitel Queenstown Hotel & Spa.
One of the relatively small number of cheaper hotel options in Queenstown is the Alpine Village.
If you find yourself in need of more options in Queenstown, look into the Matakauri Lodge and the Hidden Lodge. They are located 6 kilometres and 3 kilometres away from the center. If these two aren't what you're looking for, you can try the Arrowtown House Boutique Hotel or the Arrow Private Hotel.
Attractions and Hotels Near QueenstownDon't disappear without checking out what there is to see and do in the rest of the area. Check out the castles, old towns and churches. Visitors could also take in the region's beaches, coastal plains and forests. In this part of New Zealand, travellers may also go snowboarding.
If you want to explore some nearby localities, think about Kinloch and Cardrona. Travel 30 kilometres to the northwest from Queenstown and you'll locate Kinloch. That said, Cardrona is 30 kilometres to the northeast. Kinloch accommodations include the Kinloch Lodge - Hostel and Glenorchy Lake House. Cardrona choices are the Cardrona Alpine Apartments and Benbrae - Cardrona Valley Resort.
How much is a hotel room in Queenstown?
Hotels in Queenstown start at AU$46 per night. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.