Shhh, listen. What’s that? It’s the glorious sound of a sizzling barbeque, giggling children, and the ice sloshing around the esky—because you’re in a Canberra caravan park, having the best holiday of your life.
Keep it casual in Canberra
Sure, you’ve got plenty of accommodation options in the country’s capital, but none will offer you the freedom that caravan parks near Canberra do. You’ll be within driving distance of all the attractions, with enough space to gaze at the stars.
- Alivio Tourist Park Canberra in Sutton is a relaxed, family-friendly tourist site that offers everything from caravan sites to three-bedroom villas. This park has an amazing central location just 10 kilometres from Canberra city centre.
- Canberra Carotel Motel in Watson offers bunk bed cabins that are perfect for large groups, whether your squad is your family or your backpacking crew. Plus, it’s conveniently located near the Exhibition Park in Canberra (EPIC) showgrounds.
- Capital Country Holiday Park, located just outside Canberra, has a pool, playground, and barbeque grills for the full caravanning experience. If you never want to leave your site, this is the place for you.
Experience the Bush Capital
- Explore the city centre like a local on an electric bike tour from the famed Reconciliation Place to the landmarks and monuments of ANZAC Parade. Who says a holiday can’t be educational?
- Canberra may be inland, but you can still get out on the water. An island-hopping kayak tour takes you out on Lake Burley Griffin for birdwatching and island bushwalks.
- Here for the museums? You’re not alone. Make sure you get the ultimate museum experience at the National Museum of Australia—including a private tour and meal.
If you truly want to explore your own backyard, you have to make sure Canberra is on your list. And what better way to do it than on your own terms? Pack up your camper and hit the pavement, knowing you’ve got a great place to land, because you’ve booked one of the tourist parks near Canberra. #Winning.