How do I get to Port Macquarie from the airport?
Getting from Port Macquarie Airport to the city centre is an easy-peasy 4km commute. If you plan to explore beyond the city, book one of Wotif’s car hire options for the ride. Otherwise, there are two bus lines that will take you to the city centre, where you’ll find most of the restaurants and hotels in Port Macquarie.
What are the most popular hotels in Townsville?
What kinds of hotels are in Port Macquarie?
Accommodation in Port Macquarie comes in many shapes and forms—just like holiday-makers. Book an apartment hotel to live like a local, get your lazy on at a luxury resort, or keep it simple with a fab motel. Whatever you fancy, Wotif has great places to stay in Port Macquarie:
- Book Sandcastle Apartments, a contemporary hotel with suites that will make you feel like you own the place.
- Get cosy in private accommodation with friendly hosts at Anchors B&B, located close to Tacking Point Lighthouse.
- Keep the price as low and the fun high at East Port Motor Inn, located near Port Macquarie Park and Windmill Hill Reserve.
Where should I stay if I’m visiting Port Macquarie?
The city is relatively small, but it’s lined with several beaches, and Wotif has Port Macquarie hotel deals near all of them. From each stretch of sand, you’ll be a short walk or drive to top inland attractions, too, but let’s be real: Nothing in Port Macquarie is really that far inland. Here are our top beach picks:
- Town Beach: Sure, this is the hub of non-stop action, but with good reason. Stroll along the boardwalk, run headlong into the waves with your boogie board, and start the stunning Coastal Walk from Town Green all the way to Lighthouse Beach.
- Lighthouse Beach: Speaking of this beacon of peace and quiet, stay at the southernmost beach in town and tuck into some cosy cafes, or spend your mornings watching for whales and dolphins off the coast.
- Shelly Beach: If Sally sold seashells by the seashore, this would be her stomping ground. It also happens to be a great place for swimming. Plus, the view from Harry’s Lookout is divine.
What are some things to do in Townsville?
We’re glad you asked! Leave your bags behind in one of our Port Macquarie hotels and see the town:
- Eat at avant-garde seafood eateries like The Stunned Mullet and cosy comfort food cafes like Griddle. Wherever you chow down in town, expect an array of international flavours, from Italian to Thai, as well as plenty of New Aussie culinary creations.
- Hang out with koalas! Port Macquarie has not one but two places to get up close and personal with koalas. Visit the Koala Hospital on Lord Street and Billabong Koala & Wildlife Park on Billabong Drive. Watch out—these fellas can be handsy.
Already searching for your sunnies? Save extra on hotels and airfares when you book Port Macquarie holiday packages with Wotif! Our selection is as impressive as the local beach scene, and if you can’t get enough, extend your trip up the coast and book Coffs Harbour accommodation, too. Let’s go!