|Previous Next Fri 14 Mar||Sat 15 Mar||Sun 16 Mar||Fri 21 Mar||Sat 22 Mar||Sun 23 Mar||Fri 28 Mar||Sat 29 Mar||Sun 30 Mar||Fri 4 Apr||Sat 5 Apr||Sun 6 Apr|
Rates shown in New Zealand Dollars (NZ$) & are tax inclusive per room. Card fees apply
|Check In Instructions||
Please contact us after booking and we will confirm Check In details.
From Auckland or Hamilton:
*From Auckland travel south on state highway 1, turn left at bottom of the Bombay Hills and follow signs to Coromandel.
* Cross Kopu Bridge (just South of Thames)
* Turn right at Kopu (Mobil Service station)
* Travel 1 kilometre South, then turn left onto Highway 25A
* Travel over the mountains to Tairua
* Carry on through Tairua, then over Tairua Hill (Highway 25)
* 300 metre's past Whenuakite School, turn right onto Hotwater Beach Road (Dalmeny Corner), (sign posted Cooks Beach)
* Travel 3 kilometre's, then turn left into Purangi Road, (sign posted Cook's Beach, Ferry Landing)
* Stay on this road - Drive past the Hahei turn off and past Cook's Beach turn off, through to Flaxmill Bay
* 3 kilometre?s after you?ve passed the Cooks Beach turn off, Flaxmill Bay Motel awaits you on the right hand side of the road.
From Hamilton follow state highway 26 out through Morrinsville and Paeroa towards Thames. Turn right on state highway 25 towards Tairua before arriving into Kopu. Follow same instructions as above once on the road to Tairua.
* Travel south on Highway 25 through Coroglen
* Turn left at Dalmeny Corner onto Hotwater Beach Road, (sign posted Cooks Beach)
* Travel 3 kilometre's then turn left into Purangi Road, (sign posted Cook's Beach, Ferry Landing)
* Stay on this road - Drive past the Hahei turn off and past Cook's Beach turn off, through to Flaxmill Bay.
* 3 kilometre's after you?ve passed the Cooks Beach turn off, Flaxmill Bay Motel awaits you on the right hand side of the road.
There is space for parking cars in front of each unit. It is uncovered however the area is very safe.
|Things To Do||
Things to do at Flaxmill Bay & the Coromandel
There is so very much to do in the Coromandel that we couldn't possibly capture it all here!
Here's our pick of the best things to do when staying with us:
Kick back, relax and enjoy the beach that's only 30 seconds away!
Front Beach, Cooks Beach, Hahei, Hot Water Beach, Cathedral Cove and many more - All from 30 seconds to 30 minutes away.
For those wanting to see more of the beautiful Coromandel beaches these are the more famous ones to visit:
A highlight of the region is Cathedral Cove, the much photographed, world famous cave through the white headland. To get there, head to Hahei and turn left at the Hahei shops and continue on to the car park at the end of the road. From here it is a one hour (each way) coastal walk with panoramic clifftop views, where if you're lucky, you'll spot dolphins jumping.
Hot Water Beach
This is one of the region's most fascinating places. For two hours either side of low tide, you can dig in the sand for hot spring water and make your own spa pool.
Fishing and Diving
The ocean is your oyster as far as fishing and diving in the area goes! Mercury Bay hosts some great fishing. With a marine reserve in the area there is also the opportunity to enjoy some fantastic scenic diving.
A two minute walk to the ferry and a 5 minute ferry trip away, Whitianga is a bustling town with cafes, pubs, fishing club, surf shops, gas stations and a supermarket etc. The ferry runs all day and night in Summer.
Purangi Golf Course - Local 9 hole course 5 minutes from the Motel. Mercury Bay Golf and Country Club -Located 3 kilometres south of Whitianga this 18 hole course is set on a level contour and offers 18 holes of a fair golfing challenge.
Just a five minute walk down the road you'll find a great little cafe called EggCentric which provides great food morning and night, and offers an artistic flare to the area. Between the motel and the ferry lies the Cooks Cafe which also provides great food and a relaxed atmosphere.
There are several boutique vineyards on Purangi Road to explore and enjoy the local wines.