|Previous seven days 13 Apr - 26 Apr Next seven days 27 Apr - 10 May Sun 20 Apr||Mon 21 Apr||Tue 22 Apr||Wed 23 Apr||Thu 24 Apr||Fri 25 Apr||Sat 26 Apr||Sun 27 Apr||Mon 28 Apr||Tue 29 Apr||Wed 30 Apr||Thu 1 May||Fri 2 May||Sat 3 May|
Rates shown in Australian Dollars (AU$) & are tax inclusive per room. Booking fees apply
|Check In Instructions||
Please call us to obtain access details.
coming from Melbourne:
Hume Hwy to Milawa Exit (just after Glenrowan Service Station/McDonalds). Follow signs to Milawa (the Milawa Cheese Factory is worth visiting), then to Myrtleford. From Myrtlford follow signs to Bright. About 6 km before Bright you come to the township of Porepunkah. At the large roundabout (it's the only one in the area, you can't miss it) take the second exit to the Buckland Valley. Exactly 6 kms from the roundabout McCormack's lane turns off to the left. Follow McCormack's lane to the end - we are on the right hand side.
Coming from Sydney/Albury/Wondonga: Hume Hwy, exit Wangaratta/Great Alpine Road. Follow Great Alpine Road to Myrtleford and Bright. 6 km before Bright, at large roundabout in Porepunkah, take second exit to Buckland Valley. Follow Buckland Valley Road for 6 km, then turn left in to McCormack's Lane. We are at the end of McCormack's Lane on the right hand side.
car parking off-street
|Things To Do||
Located at the foot of the Victorian Alps, we offer unlimited access to outdoor & nature-based activities. The Buckland is the perfect base for a gourmet get-away: the Milawa gourmet region and King Valley with its fine wineries and restaurants only a 50m minute scenic drive away and three restaurants with one or two THE AGE Good Food Guide Chefs hats within 30 km this region is truly gourment heaven. Call or email for a list of local gourmet dining options.
• A bush walk along a trail on top of Mt Buffalo, around Mt Hotham or nearby Dinner Plain. Wander among the wildflowers in spring. Or don snow shoes for a winter stroll through the snowgums.
• A bike ride through the peaceful Buckland Valley or along the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail. For something more rugged a mountain bike trek in the hills, perhaps?
• Soaring like an eagle on a tandem Paragliding Adventure – adrenaline rush guaranteed! Alternatively, book a Scenic Tandem Microlight or Helicopter flight over Mt. Buffalo – the airstrip is only 2km away.
• Throwing in a lure and hauling out a trout – nothing beats the fish caught in the clear cool waters of our mountain streams.
• Playing a social round of golf at the Bright Country Golf Club.
• Panning for Gold - there’s still some left in the Buckland River and Morse’s Creek.
• Climbing up - or abseiling down - Mt Buffalo. World class climbing routes for the pros, or guided abseil experiences for would-be adventurers.
• Skiing, either downhill or cross country at Mt. Buffalo, Mt. Hotham or Falls Creek.
• Indulging in a sumptuous 4 course degustation menu at the acclaimed Restaurant of nearby Villa Gusto. The Buckland's guests are able to enjoy these exlusive dinners which have been awarded with a Chef Hat by The Age Good Food Guide (contact us for a reservation).
• Sampling some gourmet nosh at one of Bright’s many restaurants and cafes. There are 3 restauranted with "Chef Hats" awarded by THE AGE Good Food Guide within 30 kms of The Buckland, which makes it the perfect base for a "gourmet weekend or week away".
• Visiting some of the boutique and renown wineries and sample the cold climate wines of the North East.