How do I get to Newcastle from the airport?
After your flight lands at Newcastle International Airport (NCL), 9km from the city centre, grab your bags and get going to your Newcastle accommodation. You can take a taxi, ride the metro or get a car hire. Simple as that.
What are the most popular hotels in Newcastle?
What kind of hotels are in Newcastle?
If you thought the hotels in Newcastle were all the same, you’re surely mistaken. There are all sorts of cool places to hunker down at night, from luxurious resorts to backpacker hostels. Don’t believe us? Check out some of our offerings below.
- Novotel Newcastle Beach: Wake up in the morning and stretch your arms on your balcony overlooking the beach—yes, this place is practically in the sand. Then head down to the restaurant for a delicious breakfast (with mimosas, of course). After that, do whatever you want, because it’s your holiday, mate.
- Quest Newcastle Apartment Hotel: When you’re lounging around in one of these babies, you’ll feel like you never left home. This place has it all: valet parking, dry cleaning, an indoor spa and on-site restaurants. What more could you ask for?
- Backpackers by the Beach: Remember when you were travelling during your university and all you did was stay in hostels? You can go back to those days by booking a room here. Ahhh, the good old days.
Where should I stay if I’m visiting Newcastle?
Well, if you’re staying in Newcastle East you’ll be close to the ocean baths. The downtown area is near the marina and has plenty of dining and nightlife options. Newcastle West is cut in half by King Street, which happens to be loaded with great dining options. And last but certainly not least is Broadmeadow, which is home to the Newcastle Entertainment Centre. Here are our suggestions for places to stay in Newcastle:
- Quality Hotel NOAH’S on the Beach: Newcastle East
- The Lucky Hotel: Downtown
- King Street Hotel: Newcastle West
- The Premier Hotel: Broadmeadow
What are some things to do in Newcastle?
Believe us when we say that there is no shortage of awesome stuff to do here. Seriously, we can hardly believe it ourselves. When you book one of our Newcastle holiday packages, you can visit:
- Blackbutt Reserve: When you’re ready to leave your accommodation in Newcastle and venture into the heart of Mother Nature, make your way to this stunning nature park. There are plenty of walking trails to stretch your legs on. During your hike, keep an eye out for the cuddly koalas that lounge in the tree tops. But above all, make sure you check out the flying fox colony that exists along the rainforest trail.
- The Bogey Hole: After you’ve worked up a sweat in the reserve, head to this swimming hole that was carved out of the rocks by convicts. What better way to rinse off the grime of the forest than by taking dip in an ocean pool? None.
- One for the Road Tours: This city has become a haven for craft beer and it’d be a sin not to enjoy the fruits of the brewer’s labour. Your friendly local guide will take you on a tour through brewski heaven, making stops at all the refreshing beer houses along the way.
So there you have it. We’ve given you places to stay and things to do. All you have to do now is check out Wotif’s Newcastle hotel deals and take advantage of one immediately.
And when you’re ready for a stay along one of the most scenic highways in the world, check out our offers on Great Ocean Road accommodation. The term “a room with a view” is an understatement!
Need insider tips on must-see attractions in Newcastle? Check out our Newcastle travel guide!