ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
You can enjoy WiFi, coffee/tea makers, and safes, featured in all 167 rooms. Fridges, hairdryers, and phones are also available.
The restaurant, 1903, is open for breakfast. Great Southern Bar is the hotel's own pub, serving drinks along with lunch and dinner. Additionally, you'll find WiFi in public areas, a 24-hour front desk, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Buffet breakfast is available daily between 6:30 AM and 10:00 AM.
Attractions within a 10-minute walk of this 4-star Haymarket hotel include World Square Shopping Centre and Powerhouse Museum.
Great Southern Hotel Sydney ratings based on 1,086 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Great Southern Hotel Sydney
About the Great Southern Hotel SydneyLocation 717 George Street, Haymarket, NSW 2000
Renovations + Closures
The property will be renovating from 02 October 2018 until 31 October 2019 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Renovation work will only be conducted on weekdays. Every effort will be made to minimise noise and disturbance.
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi is available in public spaces for a fee. The business-friendly Great Southern Hotel Sydney also features tour or ticket assistance, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a lift. This 4-star Haymarket hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 167 guestrooms or units
- 8 levels
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: WiFi (surcharge)
- Airport: Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) (17.6 km / 10.9 mi)
- Train station: Sydney Central Station (1.3 km / 0.8 mi)
- Metro station: Capitol Square Light Rail Station (0.2 km / 0.1 mi)
Great Southern Hotel Sydney offers 167 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with a safe and coffee/tea makers. In-room wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Bathrooms include a shower, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones.
- Coffee maker
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
1903 – This restaurant only serves breakfast.
Great Southern Bar – This pub serves lunch and dinner.
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 10:00 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed
Please note on the day of booking the hotel will charge for the full cost of stay, including a credit card fee. The cost is non-refundable. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. No on-site parking is available. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: AUD 50 per stay
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 24 for adults and AUD 24 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 10 per 24-hour period (2-device limit, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 10 per 24-hour period (2-device limit, rates may vary)
- Early check-in fee: AUD 20 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: AUD 20 (subject to availability)
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge of 2 percent
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Great Southern Hotel Sydney Haymarket
- Great Hotel
- Great Southern
- Great Southern Hotel Sydney
- Great Southern Sydney
- Great Southern Sydney Haymarket
- Great ern Sydney Haymarket
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian star ratings agency, Star Ratings Australia.