ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
The café, The Elephant Cafe, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Additionally, you'll find free WiFi in public areas, a coffee shop/café and laundry facilities. Each morning free breakfast is served. There's also the convenience of an airport shuttle.
Attractions within a 10-minute walk of this East Sydney hostel include Hyde Park and The Domain.
Elephant Backpacker Sydney - Hostel ratings based on 29 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Elephant Backpacker Sydney - Hostel
Short walk from CBD.
26 Sep. 2018 by Amanda
Thank you for your review.
They couldn't find our booking
Good for low budget
good location, old building, horrible condition
A last resort if you're on a tight budget
About the Elephant Backpacker Sydney - HostelLocation 50 Sir John Young Cresent, Woolloomooloo, NSW 2000
There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Free breakfast is served daily. Public spaces have free WiFi. Tour or ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and laundry facilities are also featured at Elephant Backpacker Sydney - Hostel. A round-trip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) is available for a fee. This Victorian East Sydney hostel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 48 guestrooms or units
- 4 levels
- Built in 1892
- Continental breakfast (free)
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- No smoking on site
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Airport: Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) (15.5 km / 9.6 mi)
- Train station: Sydney Circular Quay Station (1.7 km / 1 mi)
- Metro station: St. James Station (0.6 km / 0.4 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
Elephant Backpacker Sydney - Hostel offers 48 forms of accommodation. Guests have access to shared bathrooms. Bathrooms include a shower. Housekeeping is provided on a limited basis.
- Bathrooms are shared
- Housekeeping (limited)
Food & Drink
Guests are served a free continental breakfast daily from 7 AM to 10 AM.
The Elephant Cafe – This café serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
- Check-in time starts at 1 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The front desk is open daily from 7 AM - midnight.
If you are planning to arrive after midnight, please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
24-hour airport shuttle service is available at scheduled times. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to get details.
The front desk at this property is open daily from 7 AM - midnight.
Guests arriving after midnight must make advance arrangements by contacting the property using the information on the booking confirmation.
Airport transport is offered at scheduled time 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. For details, please contact the property in advance.
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 18 and younger are not allowed at this adults-only property. All guests older than 18 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 30 per stay.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Please note: Children cannot be accommodated in the dormitory rooms, only in the private rooms.
This hotel's policy is to accept bookings only from international guests. Guests whose residence is within Australia will not be allowed to check in. Guests must present an international passport at check-in. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. No on-site parking is available. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. This property only accepts cash for all on-site payments.
- No cots (infant beds) available
- Only service animals are allowed
- Minimum guest age is 18
- Caters to adults only
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: AUD 20.00 per stay
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 15.00 per person (one-way)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 30 per stay
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Elephant Backpacker Sydney Hostel Woolloomooloo
- Elephant Backpacker Sydney Hostel
- Elephant Backpacker Sydney Woolloomooloo
You should know
- This is an adults-only property and guests under 18 years old aren't allowed.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.