AU$60 Cairns accommodation
More than just hotels
Apartments, cabins, holiday rentals and more, plus millions of reviews from Aussie & Kiwi travellers
Free cancellation on select hotels and 24/7 support, so you can book with confidence
Check hotel prices in Cairns
Top budget Cairns hotel deals
Top luxury Cairns hotel deals
Where should I stay when visiting Cairns?
Where should I stay in Cairns for the Great Barrier Reef?
Stay near the Cairns Pier and you’ll be walking distance from Marlin Marina and Reef Fleet Marina, the two major marinas where you can catch a boat to the Great Barrier Reef. Check out these top hotels near Cairns Pier:
- Pacific Hotel Cairns is in the middle of the action, but when you’re watching the sunset from the outdoor pool, you’ll feel worlds away.
- After a stay at Shangri-La Hotel, an indulgent 5-star property with Egyptian cotton sheets, designer toiletries, and pillow menus, you’ll be well-rested for your Great Barrier Reef adventure.
What Cairns hotels are on the beach?
- Riley, a Crystalbrook Collection Resort: This 5-star resort has ocean views and is right on the Esplanade near Cairns CBD. After a fun beach day, slip into your complimentary bathrobe and slippers and order up 24-hour room service.
- Cairns Beach Resort: For a true beach experience, head north of the city centre to the suburb of Holloways Beach. Cairns Beach Resort sits right across from the sand and even provides complimentary beach towels.
Where to stay in Cairns with a family?
- Hilton Cairns: Don’t give up luxury just because you’re on a family holiday. The Hilton has rollaway beds available for the little ones, complimentary cribs, and 24-hour room service. Plus you’ll be right near the Night Markets, the Cairns Museum, tons of shopping, and endless water adventures.
- Cascade Gardens: Kick back and relax in spacious suites that have a kitchenette, laundry facilities, and even complimentary cribs. Spend a day at the outdoor pool or explore Esplanade Lagoon just a short walk away.
How do I get to Cairns from the airport?
That’s a good question. Lucky for you, we have the answer. Once you land at Cairns Airport (CNS), 7km from the city centre, you can either take a taxi, a bus or book car hire in order to make your way from CNS to the city centre. Simple as that.
Most popular hotels in Cairns
- Rydges Tradewinds Cairns
- Pullman Cairns International
- Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina
- Cairns Plaza Hotel
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Cairns
What kind of hotels are in Cairns?
There’s all sorts of hotels in Cairns. From boutique to luxury, follow along below for some of our favourites.
- Mantra Trilogy: This great apartment hotel is located on the waterfront Esplanade, and offers panoramic views of the Coral Sea. There’s also an on-site gym, a lagoon pool and barbecue pits so you and your mates can throw as many shrimps on the barbie as you want. If you don’t feel like cooking for yourself, grab a meal at one of the two on-site restaurants or just order up some room service.
- Shangri-La Hotel: How do you spell luxury? Shangri-La Hotel Cairns is how. This grand establishment is located right on the marina, so the views from your balcony will be nothing short of spectacular. The amenities here seem endless; you can work up a sweat in the health club, get a rubdown at the spa, and get a steak and lobster meal delivered right to your room. And when you’re ready for some sun, hang by the pool and enjoy a few Victoria Bitters.
- Waterfront Backpackers Hostel: If you’re looking for accommodation in Cairns that’s on the lighter side of the price range, this is it. Located directly on the Esplanade, this traditional hostel is perfect for putting your feet up at the end of a long day while sipping a cold one.
Where should I stay if I’m visiting Cairns?
Hey, we don’t mind all the questions—we have all the answers. Especially when the questions are about little enclaves throughout the city, like Parramatta Park, where the Cairns Central Shopping Centre is. Then you got Cairns North where the Ocean World Seafood Market is located. And don’t forget about Bungalow, where there are even more bars than people. These neighbourhoods are all home to great places to stay in Cairns. Check them out below.
- Park Royal: Parramatta.
- Cairns Tropical Gardens: Bungalow.
- North Cove Waterfront Suites: Cairns North.
What are some things to do in Cairns?
The number of things you can do on Cairns holidays is absurd. There’s too many to count, so we made a short list of things you must do when you’re visiting.
- The Great Barrier Reef: No one likes when people beat around the bush: This by far is the biggest attraction in the area. Get yourself a spot on one of the many dive charter companies and spend the day exploring the world’s largest coral reef system. This natural wonder is too incredible to describe, so we won’t even try. We’ll leave that part to you.
- Cairns Wildlife Dome: You can’t go to Cairns without cuddling a koala. But there aren’t just koala encounters here—wait until they bring out the wallabies. The Cute-O-Metre will skyrocket right through the roof of that glass dome overhead…well, assuming it dodges the tropical birds like lorikeets and cockatoos that fly around freely.
- Rafting on the Tully River: RnR White Water Rafting will take you on an unforgettable journey down one of Australia’s best and most famous rivers. Those water log rides at amusement parks can’t hold a candle to these rapids. You’ll rest easy in one of our Cairns hotels after a wet and wild day.
Have we rambled on enough? We think we have. Now it’s time for you to take advantage of one of Wotif’s Cairns hotel deals and get going on your holiday now. Seriously, leave now!
And if you want to see the land of Tasmanian devils, check out the deals on our Hobart accommodation and make the five-hour flight south. Trust us, it’s worth it.
How much is a hotel room in Cairns?
Hotels in Cairns start at AU$60 per night. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.