How do I get to Adelaide from the airport?
Accommodation in Adelaide’s CBD is just 6km east of the airport, so it’s super easy to get to. Metro route J1A runs this route directly from 4:30 am to 11 pm, and taxis are always available. Public transport is reliable, but if you want a little more freedom, car hire from Wotif will make cruising the streets even better.
What are the most popular hotels in Adelaide?
If you’ve just got to run with the popular kids, try one of these sweet setups:
What kind of hotels are there in Adelaide?
You can expect a little bit of everything. This is the capital of South Australia, after all. It isn’t going to slack off when it comes to giving you tons of options for having the best getaway ever.
- Apartment hotels like Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury will give you all the conveniences of home, letting you live like a local—or at least feel like you’re living like a local.
- Adelaide is chockablock with affordable digs for backpackers and travellers on a budget. Book a place like The Guesthouse, drop your stuff and get to exploring.
- Of course, if you’ve got money to burn, the five-star InterContinental Adelaide is more than happy to help you with that.
Where should I stay if I’m visiting Adelaide?
We get it. In a city this diverse, it can be hard to even know where to start. Never fear—we’re here to help. As with love interests and new shoes, you probably already know what you want.
- Shopaholics will have plenty to spend thanks to our Adelaide hotel deals. A room at Hotel Richmond on Rundle Mall puts you near one of the largest pedestrianised shopping areas in Australia.
- Beach bums want to stay right on the sand at Oaks Plaza Pier Glenelg or another hotel in this popular ’burg. Of course, if you really love beaches, you should consider a stay at Perth accommodation, but that’s another story…
- Want to be near it all, but feel like you have it all to yourself? North Adelaide accommodation like Majestic Minima Hotel is your match.
What are some things to do in Adelaide?
The real question is, what isn’t there to do in Adelaide? We’ve been over shopping and beach-ing (yes, that’s a word), but that’s not all Addy has to offer.
- Renoir, Tiffany and Vernet, oh my! Take a trip through time at the Art Gallery of South Australia.
- Gardens, galore! Adelaide hotels are literally surrounded by gardens. Try Adelaide Botanic Garden, Himeji Japanese Gardens, the royal gardens of Carrick Hill and the Park Lands.
- In Adelaide, food is more than just fuel. It’s a chance to try new flavours, not to mention sit outside and do some people-watching. Head south of the CBD to Hyde Park to dine al fresco.
Ready to go? You should be! And Wotif is ready to get you there. Not only do we have the best hotels around, you can add on airfares with our Adelaide holiday packages to save even more dough. You know what to do. So do it.
Need insider tips on must-see attractions in Adelaide? Check out our Adelaide travel guide!