ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
All 65 rooms feature cable TV, coffee/tea makers and phones. Fridges and microwaves make in-room dining easy, and minibars provide refreshments.
The café, No 1 Hobson Lounge, serves local cuisine and is open for breakfast. Enjoy the indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, spa tub and sauna. Additionally, you'll find free WiFi in public areas, a coffee shop/café and laundry facilities. Continental breakfast is available on weekdays between 7 AM and 9:30 AM and on weekends between 7:30 AM and 10 AM. There's also self parking, along with the convenience of car rentals on site.
Attractions within a 10-minute walk of this 3.5-star Auckland Central Business District hotel include Auckland Ferry Terminal and Sky Tower.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City ratings based on 996 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City
About the Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland CityLocation 1 Hobson Street, Auckland, 1010
Renovations + Closures
The property is undergoing renovations. The following areas are affected:
During renovations, the hotel will make every effort to minimise noise and disturbance.
There's a coffee shop/café on site. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. As a guest of Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City, you'll find an indoor pool, a spa tub, a sauna, and a fitness centre. Tour or ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and concierge services are also featured at the eco-friendly Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City. Limited parking is available for a fee and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 3.5-star Auckland hotel.
- 1 building
- 65 guestrooms or units
- 13 levels
- Coffee shop
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Computer for guest use
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) (21.3 km / 13.2 mi)
- Train station: Auckland Britomart Station (0.6 km / 0.4 mi)
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City offers 65 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and coffee/tea makers. Rooms open to balconies. Guests can make use of the in-room fridges and microwaves. This Auckland hotel provides complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Televisions come with cable channels. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- Private balcony
- Cable channels
- Coffee maker
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Iron and ironing board
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy continental breakfast on weekdays from 7 AM to 9:30 AM and at the weekend from 7:30 AM to 10 AM.
No 1 Hobson Lounge – This café specialises in local cuisine and only serves breakfast.
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a sauna and a fitness centre.
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for NZD 35.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Parking height restrictions apply
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: NZD 300 per night
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: NZD 24 for adults and NZD 12 for children (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: NZD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: NZD 35.00 per night
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City
- Grand Chancellor Auckland City
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Auckland City Apartment
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Apartment
- Hotel Grand Chancellor
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Pool access available from 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Qualmark, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.