ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
LCD TVs with cable channels are featured in all 76 rooms, and you can enjoy free WiFi, iPod docks and coffee/tea makers. Fridges and room service make in-room dining easy, and minibars provide refreshments. Nice touches to enhance your stay include free toiletries and premium bedding. Additionally, safes, hairdryers and phones are available.
This business-friendly hotel offers free WiFi in public areas and a health club, and has concierge services. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, free use of bicycles and laundry facilities. Cooked-to-order breakfast is available on weekdays between 6 AM and 9:30 AM and on weekends between 7 AM and 10 AM. There's also the convenience of free extended parking.
Attractions within a 10-minute drive of this 4.5-star Mayfield hotel include Newcastle Beach and Merewether Beach.
The Gateway Inn ratings based on 870 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for The Gateway Inn
19 Jun. 2019 by Manager on Duty
It is disappointing that you have chosen to remain Anonymous and given no indication why you have scored your stay so low. This gives us no opportunity to improve the hotel.
14 Jun. 2019 by Manager On Duty
Thank you for your review Anon. Lovely to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have to ask for ID for each person staying due to being located next to a League's Club so each member does need to be registered for legal reasons. We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
10 Jun. 2019 by Manager On Duty
Thank you for the review & the top score. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
19 May 2019 by Hotel Management
Thank you for the fabulous score!
28 Apr. 2019 by Hotel Management
Thanks very much for the great feedback!
28 Apr. 2019 by Hotel Management
Thanks for the 5/5 score!
28 Apr. 2019 by Manager On Duty
Thank you for your lovely comments.
25 Apr. 2019 by Manager On Duty
Thank you for your review.
24 Apr. 2019 by Manager on Duty
Thanks for your review and feedback. We are pleased you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
20 Apr. 2019 by Manager On Duty
Thank you for the lovely review. We hope to see you again soon.
About the The Gateway InnLocation 26 William St, Mayfield, NSW 2304
The Gateway Inn offers its guests a health club and complimentary bicycles. There are 4 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/cafΘ. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Public spaces have free WiFi. The luxury The Gateway Inn also features concierge services, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and laundry facilities. Limited free parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. This 4.5-star Mayfield hotel is smoke free.
- 76 guestrooms or units
- 4 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- Coffee shop
- Charging station for electric cars
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking , Free self parking , Free RV, bus, truck parking , Parking (limited spaces) , Free parking nearby
- Airport: Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) (20.4 km / 12.6 mi)
- Train station: Waratah Station (2.4 km / 1.5 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking, extended parking, and RV/bus/truck parking
The Gateway Inn offers 76 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with iPod docking stations and minibars. Beds feature premium bedding. LCD televisions come with cable channels and pay-per-view films. Guests can make use of the in-room fridges and coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms include a shower, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, laptop-compatible safes and telephones. Additionally, rooms include an iron/ironing board and blackout curtains. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- iPod dock
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- LCD television
- Cable channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy cooked-to-order breakfast on weekdays from 6 AM to 9:30 AM and at the weekend from 7 AM to 10 AM.
The Gateway Inn has 4 restaurants on site.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Hotel Registry Number - Licensed Club min 18 years
- Parking height restrictions apply
- 24-hour check-in
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: AUD 200.00 per stay
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between AUD 10.00 and AUD 22.00 for adults, and AUD 10.00 and AUD 22.00 for children (approximately)
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Gateway Inn Mayfield
- Gateway Mayfield
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Certain facilities might have restricted access. For details, you can contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation.
- Guests may experience noise disturbance due to nearby construction work.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian star ratings agency, Star Ratings Australia.