AU$65 Port Douglas accommodation
More than just hotels
Apartments, cabins, holiday rentals and more, plus millions of reviews from Aussie & Kiwi travellers
Free cancellation on select hotels and 24/7 support, so you can book with confidence
Check hotel prices in Port Douglas
Top hotel deals in Port Douglas
Top budget Port Douglas hotel deals
Top luxury Port Douglas hotel deals
What is the best luxury accommodation in Port Douglas?
- Coconut Grove’s luxury apartments are about 5 minutes away from the city centre and Four Mile Beach. All units feature full kitchens and jetted tubs, and many also have their own private rooftop terraces with a pool and hot tub. There’s also a lap pool onsite, as well as a restaurant, although you’ll be steps away from all the dining options Port Douglas has on offer.
- For secluded ambiance, head 25 minutes inland from Port Douglas to the stunning Silky Oaks Lodge. This riverside, 5-star property is surrounded by trees and ferns, giving it a jungle feel. But there’s nothing rugged about the luxury treehouses, full-service spa, lagoon-like pool and private hammocks.
What are the best Port Douglas boutique hotels?
- Peninsula Boutique Hotel Port Douglas is an adults-only getaway right on the esplanade. It features several gorgeous pools with waterfall features for outdoor relaxing, a full-service spa, and soaking tubs in every room. There’s a restaurant, coffee shop, and bar on-site to make sure you’re fully pampered.
- Enjoy the sound of the sea at the waterfront Reef House Palm Cover MGallery by Sofitel. Upgrade your holiday to the veranda spa suite for ultimate relaxation or the 2 bedroom suite if you’re travelling with a group. Dine at the restaurant, float in the secluded pool, get a massage or facial at the full-service spa, or take advantage of the free bicycle rentals and cruise down the esplanade.
What are the best Port Douglas hotels for families?
- Private beach, anyone? The oceanfront Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas has 12 swimming pools, so kids (or parents) can choose where to splash each day. Cribs, rollaway beds, and babysitting are all available here (for a fee). A buffet breakfast, restaurant, coffee shop, and 24-hour room service make this an accommodation deal sure to keep everyone happy.
- At Cayman Villas, you can choose from 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, or 3 bedroom villas with kitchens to cook for the family. Cribs and rollaway beds are available, and little ones can play in the children’s pool. Parents who need an evening away can also call the front desk to make babysitting arrangements.
Just about 4 kilometres from the center of the city is Four Mile Beach, which boasts 32 assorted hotels for you to pick from. If you want to stay here, you're going to have tons of choices! A few great options are Niramaya Villas and Spa and Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort and Spa.
Make some time to concentrate on your spiritual needs at St Mary's by the Sea Chapel, an interesting religious site. Mowbray by the Sea and Beaches Port Douglas are handy places to stay if you want to be close this attraction. Anzac Park is the perfect spot for relaxing and taking things easy. This spot's closest accommodation options include Verandahs and Peppers Beach Club.
The Port Douglas Backpackers is nicely positioned, especially considering that it's one of the top choices for those who are watching their pennies. For another option, look into the Global Backpackers - Port Douglas.
If you find yourself needing more accommodation options in Port Douglas, try the Port Douglas Valley Retreat and the Silky Oaks Lodge. They are located 11 kilometres and 13 kilometres away from the city's main streets. Wotif also suggests the Island Views and the Wait A While Daintree. The first is 35 kilometres away from the city, while the second is 30 kilometres away.
Attractions and Hotels Near Port DouglasDon't hit the road without taking a look at what there is to see and do in wider Tropical North Queensland. Visit the art galleries in Tropical North Queensland, and also take in the region's lovely beaches, rainforest, streams and tablelands. Popular pastimes in this part of Australia include rock climbing and mountain climbing.
The nearby localities of Lower Daintree and Kimberley are worth checking out. Lower Daintree is 25 kilometres to the north of Port Douglas, while Kimberley is 25 kilometres to the north. Lower Daintree hotels are the Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa and Daintree Wild Bed & Breakfast. Kimberley options include The Epiphyte Bed & Breakfast and Daintree Rainforest Retreat.
How much is a hotel room in Port Douglas?
Hotels in Port Douglas start at AU$65 per night. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.