How do I get from the airport to South Brisbane?
Your adventure in Queensland will begin at Brisbane Airport(BNE), 17km from the central business district. There’s a number of transportation options to choose from like riding the rails on the Brisbane Airtrain, taking a taxi or getting yourself car hire from Wotif. Once you get to your accommodation in South Brisbane, you can rent bikes to explore the town or hop on a ferry and check out other riverfront suburbs.
What are the most popular hotels in South Brisbane?
What kind of hotels are there in South Brisbane?
A city of this size is going to have a number of places to stay, from luxury hotels with more stars than the sky to cosy one-room hostels. Here’s some of our favourites from our South Brisbane travel guide:
- The Sebel South Brisbane is a fantastic joint that offers its guests luxurious self-contained apartments. You’ll have access to a fitness centre, a dry cleaning service and Wi-Fi.
- When you book a stay at the Rydges South Bank Brisbane, you’ll be lodging in one of the most luxurious joints in town. Whether you’re coming for business or leisure, this place is perfect when you want to enjoy the finer things in life.
Where should I stay in South Brisbane?
Don’t be fooled by the small size of this neighbourhood; there are plenty of great places to lay your head down at night. Seeking out additional South Brisbane accommodation? We’ve got more you should check out:
- If you stay at Fleet Lane, you’ll be within walking distance of the Queensland Museum & Science Centre and the State Library of Queensland.
- The Sapphire Resort is near the Go Between Bridge, a toll bridge for pedestrians, vehicles and cyclists. Go for a stroll across the river and shop in the Milton Markets.
- When you wake up at the Riverside Hotel South Bank, grab yourself a cup of coffee and breakfast before making the quick walk to the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art.
What are some things to do in South Brisbane?
There’s a precinct within the South Brisbane neighbourhood called the South Bank. Book a South Brisbane hotel in that area and you’re going to be near a ton of things to do:
- The South Bank Parklands: One of the biggest tourist attractions in the city is this fun zone, located on the former site of the World Expo 88. Go for a walk through The Arbour, which houses 443 curling steel columns.
- If the sun is warming you up just a little too much, take a dip at Streets Beach. This manmade aquatic area is great for cooling off during your adventures in this happening little neighbourhood.
- If you want to get a bird’s-eye view of the state’s capital city, go for a spin on the Wheel of Brisbane. You’ll get more than a few epic selfies from 60 metres above town.
Big cities are fun and glamourous, but they also hold amazing secrets—like this neighbourhood. Book one of Wotif’s South Brisbane packages and see what other jewels this place hides.
But when the call of the wild draws you north, book Cairns accommodation and make the 2-hour flight to the northern tip of the state. Haven’t you ever wanted to see the Great Barrier Reef?