Featured Hostels in Cairns
Don't see what you're looking for?
See all available properties in CairnsView all properties
Lowest nightly price found within the past 24 hours based on a 1 night stay for 2 adults. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
Other Cheap Accommodation in Cairns
- Heritage Cairns8 Minnie Street, Cairns, QLD
The price is AU$108 per night from Jan 28 to Jan 294.4/5Excellent! (120 reviews)
- Southern Cross Atrium Apartments3-11 Water Street, Cairns, QLD
The price is AU$184 per night from Feb 9 to Feb 104.3/5Excellent! (363 reviews)
- Caravella Backpackers149 The Esplanade, Cairns, QLD
The price is AU$49 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 214.1/5Very Good! (7 reviews)
- Cairns Plaza Hotel145 The Esplanade, Cairns, QLD
The price is AU$110 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 214.1/5Very Good! (138 reviews)
- Hides Hotel Cairns87 Lake Street, Cairns, QLD
The price is AU$85 per night from Jan 27 to Jan 283.9/5Good! (306 reviews)
- Comfort Inn Cairns City183-185 Lake St, Cairns, QLD
The price is AU$79 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 213.8/5Good! (60 reviews)
- Cairns City Motel169 Lake St, Cairns, QLD
The price is AU$75 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 213.1/5 (68 reviews)
- The Jack BackpackersCnr Spence & Sheridan Sts, Cairns, QLD2.4/5 (7 reviews)
What are the best Cairns youth hostels?
- Cairns Central YHA: Make new friends at the outdoor pool, hot tub, or game room—you’ll want company as you explore the top-notch dining along Sheridan Street. Restaurants in this area offer up pizza, seafood, and more, so you can feast while you’re out and bring home leftovers to share in the communal kitchen later.
- Dreamtime Travellers Rest Hostel: You’ll feel right at home at this cosy, colourful hostel, where each room has a separate sitting area, ceiling fans, and free WiFi. Outside your room, you can hang out by the pool, meet other travellers at hostel-hosted social nights, or book a tour to see more of the city.
What are the best Cairns backpacker hostels?
- Mad Monkey Backpackers Waterfront: This hostel is right on Cairns Esplanade, a 2-minute walk from ocean-view dining options and the Night Markets. Go for a spin on a complimentary bicycle or chill at the outdoor pool for even more fresh ocean air.
- Travellers Oasis: Expect special touches at this tropical-themed Cairns hostel, like espresso makers and flat-screen TVs in each shared room. Plus, it’s right across from Cairns Railway Station, all the better for backpackers just passing through.
Are there party hostels in Cairns?
- Bounce Cairns: Party by the pool by day and the on-site bar by night at this adults-only hostel located on Grafton Street in the CBD. You’re right in the centre of the action, so you can hit the local bars and clubs, too. Don’t worry about recovering the morning after—breakfast is free and delicious.
- Summer House Backpackers Cairns: Beach volleyball, a beer garden, and a massive outdoor pool are some of the perks you’ll enjoy at Summer House. Bonus: Soundproof rooms with blackout drapes mean you can sleep off your hangover undisturbed—and a free continental breakfast will complete your recovery.
Top Trending Hotels in Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns209-217 Abbott Street, Cairns North, QLD
The price is AU$119 per night from Feb 7 to Feb 84/5Very Good! (359 reviews)
- Hilton Cairns34 Esplanade, Cairns, QLD
The price is AU$144 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 213.9/5Very Good! (209 reviews)
- Shangri-La Hotel, The MarinaPierpoint Road, Cairns, QLD
The price is AU$215 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 214.4/5Excellent! (183 reviews)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cairns121-123 The Esplanade & Florence St, Cairns, QLD4.1/5Very Good! (221 reviews)
- Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort122 Lake St, Cairns, QLD
The price is AU$161 per night from Jan 24 to Jan 254.5/5Wonderful! (23 reviews)
- Imagine Drift Palm CoveCnr Veivers Rd Williams Esp, Palm Cove, QLD
The price is AU$138 per night from Jan 31 to Feb 14.2/5Very Good! (172 reviews)
- Pullman Cairns International17 Abbott Street, Cairns, QLD
The price is AU$161 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 214.3/5Excellent! (269 reviews)
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Palm CoveCoral Coast Drive, Palm Cove, QLD
The price is AU$119 per night from Jan 20 to Jan 214.3/5Excellent! (408 reviews)