ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
You can enjoy WiFi and digital TV, featured in all 42 shared rooms.
This hostel has barbecues, a picnic area and tour/ticket assistance. Additionally, you'll find WiFi in public areas and laundry facilities. There's also the convenience of an airport shuttle.
Attractions within a 20-minute walk of this Surry Hills hostel include Powerhouse Museum and Paddy's Market.
The Village Surry Hills ratings based on 101 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for The Village Surry Hills
5 Feb. 2019 by Ellen
Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Village Surry Hills!
10 Sep. 2018 by The Village Team
Hi Trent, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Village Surry Hills and we hope to see you again soon.
Alright hostel to get by
Great Backpackers close to the city
Nice hostel in great location
Please don't stay here
About the The Village Surry HillsLocation 207 Cleveland Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010
As a guest of The Village Surry Hills, you'll find tour or ticket assistance, a BBQ, and multilingual staff. WiFi is available in public spaces for a fee. The Village Surry Hills also features a picnic area and laundry facilities. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this Surry Hills hostel.
- 42 guestrooms or units
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- BBQ grill(s)
- Outdoor picnic space
- Smoking in designated areas
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: WiFi (surcharge)
- Airport: Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) (8.9 km / 5.5 mi)
- Train station: Sydney Redfern Station (0.7 km / 0.4 mi)
- Metro station: Redfern Station (0.7 km / 0.4 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
The Village Surry Hills offers 42 forms of shared accommodation which are air-conditioned, accessible via exterior corridors and feature shared/communal kitchens. Digital televisions are provided. Rooms have partially open bathrooms. Bathrooms include a shower. In-room wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. An iron/ironing board and hairdryers can be requested.
- Accommodations are shared
- Bathrooms are partially open
- Communal kitchen
- Digital channels
- Hairdryer available
- Iron and ironing board available
- Exterior corridor access
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at 5 AM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The front desk is open daily from 8 AM - 5 AM.
If you are planning to arrive after 5 AM, please contact the property at least 24 hours in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
This hotel will charge a 2% credit card or debit card fee for any reservation deposits or bookings where payment for the stay will be made on site instead of at the time of booking. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
The front desk at this property is open daily from 8 AM - 5 AM.
Guests arriving after 5 AM must contact the property at least 24 hours prior to arrival using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- No lifts
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 3 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 3 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 22 per person (one way)
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- VLA Surry Hills Hostel
- VLA Hostel
- VLA Surry Hills
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Alcohol isn't served at The Village Surry Hills.