How do I get to North Adelaide from the airport?
The commute from Adelaide Airport to your North Adelaide hotel is a short 9km drive in one of our car hire options—well, as long as you don’t get distracted by a round of golf at one of the many country clubs along the way.
What are the most popular hotels in North Adelaide?
You have your pick of some fabulous North Adelaide accommodation. Check out the best of what fellow travellers have been booking:
What kinds of hotels are in North Adelaide?
Just like its international cuisine scene, North Adelaide has a little bit of everything. Feel fancy in vintage boutique accommodation, whip up your own brekkie in a short-stay flat, or treat yourself to a spa hotel and lots of you time:
- Fire Station Inn: At this historic hotel, local living meets luxury. Book a cosy getaway for the whole family or a group of your closest friends in one of the serviced apartments—each has a spa bath and designer toiletries in addition to lavish furnishings.
- O'Connell Inn: You’ll have to try really hard to skip a park view from this hotel, which is located on the north side of the suburb. O’Connell Inn is ideal for the discerning traveller who has high expectations no matter how low the rates. Amenities are simple and the mid-century modern décor matches the building’s classic exterior.
Where should I stay if I’m visiting North Adelaide?
One of the smashing things about this town is that you can stay anywhere and be within walking distance to a gorgeous park and delicious dining options. Here are a few more of our top picks:
- Adelaide Serviced Accommodation: With easy proximity to Carclew Youth Arts Centre and Adelaide Zoo, this is a stellar choice for a family holiday. Take the kiddos out on adventures and make yourselves at home with a fully equipped kitchen.
- North Adelaide Boutique Stayz Accommodation: This hotel is a few minutes’ walk to Adelaide Aquatic Centre and the North Adelaide Golf Course, and the pillow-top beds with luxurious linens will feel superb after a long day on the green.
What are some things to do in North Adelaide?
We’re glad you asked! Grab a pen and write this down…or just show up and go with the flow:
- Whether you’re a casual cricket follower or a diehard rugby fan, see a match at the Adelaide Oval, the town’s beloved stadium. This is where you’re sure to see the locals at their loudest and rowdiest.
- Want some gosh-darn peace and quiet after a big win? Wander through Adelaide Botanic Garden. The colours are epic at sunset.
- Learn about the region’s earliest civilisations at the South Australian Museum, where Aboriginal art and artefacts are on exhibition, from petrified fossils to wooden boomerangs.
Your relaxing, riverside getaway is waiting, so book accommodation in North Adelaide with Wotif and get away already! Save on flights and hotels when you book one of our North Adelaide holiday packages, and add some Port Macquarie accommodation for extra fun in the sun. Two is better than one, especially when it comes to holiday destinations!