How do I get to Coolangatta from the airport?
Downtown Coolangatta is just 2km from the Gold Coast Airport (OOL), so you can basically get there however you like! Taxis and car hires are always convenient, but even the bus ride only takes about 15 minutes on route 700. And at just 100km south of Brisbane, accommodation in Coolangatta is popular with big-city road trippers, too.
What are the most popular hotels in Coolangatta?
Coolangatta’s gnarly surf breaks may be well-known, but when it comes to hotels, leave the work to us. Here’s our list:
What kind of hotels are there in Coolangatta?
Thanks to the town’s laid-back local vibe, many Coolangatta hotels are apartment style. But traditional hotels and resorts abound as well, so you can pick your perfect experience.
- Life at Pure Kirra is pure relaxation. Wake up to the waves at this beachfront apartment hotel and enjoy a cup of java out on your balcony. These two-bedroom units were made for your group getaway.
- At Mantra Twin Towns, kitchens will be the last thing on your mind. This central hotel is walking distance to, well, almost everything. That is, if you can bear to leave the three restaurants, tennis courts, arcade and mini-golf.
Where should I stay in Coolangatta?
You’re never far from the beach in Coolangatta accommodation, so the next question to ask yourself is what you most want from this holiday.
- If you’re all about the views, Columbia Beachfront Apartments are close to Snapper Rocks, the Captain Cook Memorial Lighthouse and Point Danger Lookout. And don’t forget the views from your very own window.
- Shop till you drop from Points North Apartments, just steps from the retail extravaganza that is The Strand. You’ll find everything from iconic surf brands to homemade pies—and you won’t have far to carry them when you stay in this Coolangatta hotel.
- Surf’s up at Kirra Surf Apartments. Those looking to catch some waves can grab new gear right downstairs at Kirra Surf Shop, then hit the area’s most famous break.
What are some things to do in Coolangatta?
Coolangatta may be known for surfing, but you’ll find plenty of activities here for land lubbers, foodies and shopaholics.
- Strut your stuff along Marine Parade, stopping off to enjoy views all the way to Surfers Paradise from Pat Fagan Park. But your favourite photos of the trip may still be of the surfers at Snapper Rocks.
- Be in two places at once at Captain Cook Memorial Lighthouse, which marks the border between Queensland and New South Wales. Oh, and it’s got some great views, too.
- The Strand is the centre of the Coolangatta vibe. Get a dose of caffeine and culture at Ocean Art Cafe & Gallery, filled with the works of local surf photographers. Up your surf gear game at the shops, then top it off with dinner at the award-winning Surf Club.
Wotif is your planning partner for surf holidays and beachside retreats. From Perth accommodation in the west to Coolangatta in the east, we’ve got a great selection of hotels in Australia. Plus, you can mix and match airfares and hotels with our Coolangatta packages. You’ll save cash and create the best holiday ever. That’s what we call a win-win.