ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Free WiFi, iPads and iPod docks are featured in all 528 rooms. Fridges and room service make in-room dining convenient. Down comforters welcome you to a good night's rest, and other nice touches include bathrobes and slippers. Flat-screen TVs, coffee/tea makers and free bottled water are also available.
A day of pampering at Abhasa Spa can include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, body wraps and body scrubs along with access to the spa tub. The restaurant, Surf Lanai, serves Hawaiian cuisine. Mai Tai Bar is the resort's own bar, serving drinks along with light fare. Spend the day at the beach where you'll find cabanas, and enjoy the on-site outdoor swimming pool and 24-hour fitness centre. Additionally, you'll find free WiFi in public areas, a spa tub and a conference centre. Buffet breakfast is available daily between 6:30 AM and 11 AM. There's also valet parking, along with the convenience of an airport shuttle.
Attractions within a 10-minute walk of this 5-star Waikiki resort include Waikiki Beach and International Market Place.
The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki ratings based on 27 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki
14 Jul. 2019 by Guest Experience Team
Aloha, Thank you for choosing to stay at The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort. We are delighted to hear that the location and staff were great. However, we apologize about the size of the pool. We do have another pool option called Helumoa Playground, which is shared with our sister property Sheraton Waikiki, which is available for guests to experience. We thank you for your comments, and hope to welcome you back again in the future!
24 May 2019 by Guest Experience Team
Aloha, Thank you for your review. We apologize for the disappointing service you received upon check-in, however I'm happy that the second staff member provided great service. We will be sure to follow up with the team in order to ensure we provide consistently great service to our valuable guests. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
28 Nov. 2018 by Guest Experience Team
Aloha Pat, We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback with us. We are so sorry that your stay with us was less than memorable due to the limited services as a result of the strike, and not being notified in advance of your stay. Your comments have been shared with our team, and we will work to make improvements. We apologize again for the underwhelming experience.
Nice and handy for swimming shopping and tour
Loved everything about it!
Great hotel. Felt like we went back in time
Perfect location!! Close to everything!
Fantastic, staff & the grounds and pool area great
About the The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, WaikikiLocation 2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815
Sit back and relax on the beach with cabanas (surcharge), umbrellas, and sunloungers. At The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki, you can cool off in one of the 2 the outdoor swimming pools and indulge in a pampering afternoon at the full-service spa. There are 4 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/cafΘ. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include A beach bar, A poolside bar, and A bar/lounge. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. This luxury resort also offers an outdoor pool, a kid's pool and a 24-hour fitness centre. Parking is available for a fee. This 5-star Honolulu resort is smoke free.
- 528 guestrooms or units
- 4 dining venues
- 12000 sq ft of conference space
- 1115 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 1927
- Dining venue
- Bar on the beach
- Bar by the pool
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Supervised kids' activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Cabanas on the beach (surcharge)
- Beach lounge chairs
- Towels for the beach
- Umbrellas for the beach
- Cabanas by the pool (surcharge)
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Conference centre
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Beauty salon
- Computer for guest use
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- On-site shopping
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.) (15.5 km / 9.7 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki offers 528 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with iPads and iPod docking stations. Beds feature down comforters. 37-inch Flat-screen televisions come with pay-per-view films. Guests can make use of the in-room fridges and coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms include a bath and shower, a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers and designer toiletries. This Honolulu resort provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, laptop-compatible safes and telephones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and a hairdryer. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- iPod dock
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Premium channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Down blanket
- Bathtub or shower
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 11 AM.
Surf Lanai – This restaurant specialises in Hawaiian cuisine.
Azure Restaurant – This beachfront restaurant specialises in seafood and only serves dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Mai Tai Bar – This beach bar only serves light fare. Open daily.
Royal Hawaiian Bakery – This coffee shop specialises in American cuisine. Open daily.
A Royal Hawaiian Luau, ’A – This restaurant only serves dinner. Reservations are required. Open selected days.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
- Number of treatment rooms 9
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Spa tub in spa
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available upon request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Airport transport is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Tax ID – W58245760-01
- Debit cards
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 39.79 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 42.00 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 32 per person (roundtrip)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hawaiian Royal
- Royal Hawaiian
- Royal Hawaiian Luxury Collection
- Royal Hawaiian Luxury Collection Resort
- Royal Luxury Collection
- Royal Luxury Collection Resort
- Royal Hawaiian Luxury Collection Resort Waikiki
- Royal Hawaiian Luxury Collection Waikiki
- Royal Hawaiian Honolulu
- a Luxury Collection Hotel Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian
- The Royal Hawaiian
- The Royal Hawaiian A Luxury Collection Resort
- The Royal Hawaiian a Luxury Collection Resort Waikiki
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki Resort
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki Honolulu
You should know
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.