What has 300 sunny days a year, millions of fun things to do and 52km of stunning beaches? The Gold Coast of Queensland, Australia. Duh! One of those beaches is a place where surfers race down swell lines hoping for a tube and sunbathing locals bronze their buns. It’s called Burleigh Heads, and it’s a place you need to visit immediately.
Forget about all the office politics and book one of Wotif’s great beach hotels in Burleigh Heads now. You deserve a week or two doing nothing except relaxing in the sand.
Our Burleigh Heads beach hotels will have you sleeping a few metres from the golden sand and turquoise water of Burleigh. But this beach isn’t the only show in town! Check out a few of our other favourites below:
- Coolangatta – Head 15km to the south until you reach the lovely town of Coolangatta. There are plenty of beaches to sprawl out on, from Kirra to Snapper Rocks and Duranbah. When you’ve gotten enough sun, head to The Strand at Coolangatta and drop some dollarydoos in the retail stores and boutique shops.
- Broadbeach – In the shadow of the skyscrapers of Surfers Paradise is this little slice of paradise. Sign up for a surf lesson through the Cheyne Horan Surf School and you’ll be wave sliding like a pro by lunchtime.
- Palm Beach – No, it’s not that Palm Beach from South Florida, but it’ll do just fine. Pack up a picnic basket and enjoy an afternoon lunch in Tallebudgera Creek Tourist Park.
Home Away from Home
Don’t think we’re going to ship you off to the Gold Coast of Queensland with only a pillow and a sleeping bag. That’d be rude. We’ve got a fantastic selection of Burleigh Heads hotels near the beach for you to choose from. Check out a couple of our favourites below:
- Oceanside Cove Holiday Apartments – We’re not kidding about the whole “home away from home” thing. These full-service apartments have everything you need to make your stay comfortable. We’re talking one, two and three-bedroom apartments, ready-to-use kitchens and an outdoor pool. What more could you ask for?
- Aussie Resort – Are you looking for another full-service apartment hotel across the street from the beach? Look no further than this joint. Book your stay and go for a dip in a swimming pool that’s shaped like the Australian continent.
Have we rambled on long enough about where to go and what to do? We think we have, so now the ball’s in your court. Book Burleigh Heads beach accommodation through Wotif and start hoarding as much sunscreen as you can.