Hotels Near Mount John Observatory
More than just hotels
Apartments, cabins, holiday rentals and more, plus millions of reviews from Aussie & Kiwi travellers
Free cancellation on select hotels and 24/7 support, so you can book with confidence
Check hotel prices near Mount John Observatory
So you're considering a trip to Mount John Observatory? We've got some pointers!
It's definitely worth travelling the 200 kilometres from Queenstown to Lake Tekapo to visit it.
Take your pick from 8 hotels a short distance away from Mount John Observatory. Check out the rates at the Mantra Lake Tekapo (0.6 kilometres away), the Lakeview Tekapo (a kilometre) and the Peppers Bluewater Resort (0.6 kilometres).
If you want to splurge a little, you'll be thrilled to learn that there are several upscale accommodation options. Two such spots are the Tekapo Heights, 0.5 kilometres away, and the Lake Tekapo Village Motel, 0.3 kilometres away.
If everyone's craving caffeine, head directly to Reflections Cafe & Restaurant (State Highway 8, Lake Tekapo). When the sun sets and you're thinking about a drink, you'll find Lake Tekapo Tavern only 0.3 kilometres away, at State Highway 8, Lake Tekapo.
Other Things to Do Near Mount John ObservatoryAfter you're done at Mount John Observatory, check what else is going on nearby:
- Find a hideaway away from the physical world and revitalise your spirits at Church of the Good Shepherd.
- While it's not as traditional as a painting on a canvas, visitors can still appreciate the work that has gone into the making of Sheepdog Statue.
- Tekapo Springs is a great choice for people who love going to fascinating natural creations.
- If you want to spend time checking out some idyllic views, then Mount John Lookout is most definitely worth a visit.
- Breathe in the fresh air at Lake Tekapo, and become lost in the delightful landscape.
How much is a hotel room in Mount John Observatory?
Hotels in Mount John Observatory start at per night. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.