If we know you like we think we do, you probably won’t be spending your entire holiday locked up in one of our Bondi Beach hotels. You could, of course, but why deny yourself some fun in the sun and much-needed vitamin “sea”? Here are some of our favourite strips of shoreline for you to check out:
- Bondi Beach: Of course you’re going to check out Bondi Beach itself. Once you set foot on the warm sand you’ll meet all sorts of new friends, from native Sydneysiders to tourists who just want to catch one of the area’s sweet waves. When you get hungry or thirsty (and believe us, you will!) all the food and drink you could ever want are just steps away.
- Maroubra Beach: Just a few kilometres south of Bondi Beach is Maroubra. Its name is the Aboriginal word for “place of thunder”, and the waves that thunder against the shore make it a prime spot for surfing. If you don’t have a board and wax yet, grab some. You’ll need it.
- Lady Bay Beach: You’ll find this quiet stretch of sand to the north, near Hornby Lighthouse. It’s far removed from the fast pace of the city, though you can snap some lovely pictures of the skyline while you’re here. Wade into calm, clear waters and relax out on the sand. By the way, the rumours you’ve heard are true—clothing is purely optional here.
Home Sweet Home Away From Home
You probably won’t be sleeping on that nude beach—well, maybe you could, but we don’t suggest it—so why not book a proper hotel instead? Here are a couple of our favourites.
- Ultimate Apartments Bondi Beach: Travelling alone and need a studio for a night? Ultimate has you covered. Bringing along a zillion mates or your family and need additional bedrooms? They have that, too. You’ll be all set for a comfy stay no matter how long your holiday runs!
- Ravesis on Bondi Beach: Right near the beach? Check. Swanky rooms? Check. Minibar? Check (hey, sometimes you just want a drink, are we right?). Throw in some awesome views and we’re sold. You may never want to leave!
You want to get on with this holiday, don’t you? Then don’t spend a ton of time agonising over hotels in Bondi Beach. You already know Wotif scores you the best deals no matter when you decide to travel, so throw in with us and we’ll get you there in good order. Save that money for something fun—we’re sure you’ll think of something!