More than just hotels
Apartments, cabins, holiday rentals and more, plus millions of reviews from Aussie & Kiwi travellers
Free cancellation on select hotels and 24/7 support, so you can book with confidence
Check hotel prices in Tamworth
Top luxury Tamworth hotel deals
Accommodation In Tamworth
We’ve got two words for you: country music. Tamworth, NSW is known as the "Country Music Capital of Australia" thanks to its legendary annual festival and live music venues. But that’s not all Tamworth holidays are about. This town is filled with family fun, outdoor escapades and plenty of nightlife, so whenever you visit, you’re bound to have a toe-tapping good time.
How do I get to Tamworth from the airport?
There are daily flights into Tamworth Regional Airport from Brisbane and Sydney, and from there it’s a short 10km into town. To get around, you’ll probably want to book your own set of wheels through Wotif’s car hire options. In fact, wheels are a popular way to get here, too. It’s about a 6-hour drive from both Brisbane and Sydney, so pack up your cooler and get ready for the road trip of a lifetime.
What are the most popular hotels in Tamworth?
If you’re looking for the latest and greatest, and not just in country music acts, check out these popular places to stay:
- Best Western Sanctuary Inn
- Ashby House Motor Inn Cadman Motor Inn & Apartments
- Cadman Motor Inn & Apartments
- CH On Peel Boutique Hotel
- Quality Hotel Powerhouse
What kind of hotels are there in Tamworth?
Tamworth hotels can be luxurious or practical, spacious or romantic, near it all or tucked away. Whatever you’re looking for, you’ll find it here.
- The Retreat at Froog-Moore Park is Tamworth’s only five-star hotel. This adults-only B&B won’t just pamper you with premium bedding and tons of complimentary touches—it will make sparks fly.
- Staying a while? Got a big group? The apartments at Quest Tamworth have everything you need for a home away from home, including full kitchens and up to three bedrooms.
- No kitchen, no problem at Best Western Sanctuary Inn. This downtown Tamworth hotel has the award-winning Lobby Restaurant right on the premises.
Where should I stay if I’m visiting Tamworth?
Travellers to Tamworth are as unique as the town itself. From road trippers to country music seekers, where to book your accommodation in Tamworth depends on what brought you here.
- Golden Guitar Motor Inn is near the town’s famous Golden Guitar, one of Australia’s “big things”, which attracts road trippers and selfie seekers from around the country. Next stop: Port Macquarie hotels to check out the Big Eight Ball!
- This area is great for those here to get their twang on during the Tamworth Country Music Festival, too. Studio 367 is a brand-new hotel near Tamworth Regional Entertainment Centre, the biggest venue of the festival.
- Get a good night’s sleep at Quality Hotel Powerhouse, far enough from the hustle and bustle to relax, yet close enough to have downtown at your fingertips.
What are some things to do in Tamworth?
The activities don’t stop outside of the festival season. From hiking to nightlife, there’s always something on.
- Ever high-fived a wallaby? You can at Marsupial Park! Strut with the peacocks, hand-feed baby kangaroos and more. This park is chockablock with “Aww!” moments.
- By night, take in dinner and a show at Wests Diggers Club. After your meal, get up and shake those hips to local country acts, use your brain during trivia night or play the pokies. You’ll never have to leave! Except to go back to your Tamworth accommodation, of course.
- Get cultured at the Capitol Theatre. Enjoy a drink at the bar before seeing anything from comedy acts to world-renowned plays like Wicked. Bring your sequins—this is the glamourous part of town.
This Tamworth travel guide is just the beginning of all the adventure you’ll find in this NSW town. But before you can dance the night away, you need a place to hit the hay—and Wotif has the best deals around. Book your hotel today, and get to practicing those moves!
How much is a hotel room in Tamworth?
Hotels in Tamworth start at AU$159 per night. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.