Hotels Near University of Colombo
More than just hotels
Apartments, cabins, holiday rentals and more, plus millions of reviews from Aussie & Kiwi travellers
Free cancellation on select hotels and 24/7 support, so you can book with confidence
Check hotel prices near University of Colombo
Top hotels near University of Colombo
University of Colombo is the perfect excuse for a vacation.
It is located in Colombo, and we're sure you're curious as to how you're going to get there. Many travellers make the 5 kilometres journey from Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, that nation's buzzing capital.
Nothing compares to staying within walking distance of University of Colombo! Try one of the 21 hotels within a kilometre. Why not look into the Colombo Courtyard, Pearl City Hotel and Indra Regent Hotel?
Don't care about a gourmet room service menu? Stay in one of the cheaper accommodation options close by. Some choices are the Backpack Lanka - Central Colombo and the Lanka Hostel Colombo, a kilometre and 0.7 kilometres away, respectively.
Those looking for a bit of luxury and indulgence will appreciate the numerous upmarket hotels. Start with the Casa Colombo Hotel, 2 kilometres away. The Cinnamon Grand Colombo, 2 kilometres away, is also highly recommended.
Just 0.7 kilometres from University of Colombo is The Commons Coffee House, where you'll find strong coffee and some tasty treats. Walk to 39 A, Flower Road, Colombo to get your fix. For something more filling, order some food at Colombo Courtyard (32 Alfred House Avenue, Colombo). It's just 0.6 kilometres away.
Other Things to Do Near University of ColomboAfter you're done seeing University of Colombo, pay some attention to the local region:
- Take a chance at Bellagio Casino if you want a few games of blackjack or bingo.
- When you hear culture calling, make a beeline for Saskia Fernando Gallery, a gallery that will invigorate you with its impressive collection of artworks.
- Sightseers can wonder at the architectural design of Independence Memorial Hall and gain a deeper understanding of the past of the area.
- Sri Lanka National Museum is a great place on a rainy day. Stay dry while hearing about some engrossing historical tales.
- St Anthony's Church, Colombo, Sri Lanka is an important monument, the ideal place for visitors searching for some peace and quiet.
No car, no problem. Simply venture to University of Colombo on the train. Get off at Bambalapitiya Railway Station, the closest station, and then walk a kilometre.
How much is a hotel room in University of Colombo?
Hotels in University of Colombo start at AU$93 per night. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.