Christchurch Holiday Packages
Itching for an escape to New Zealand? Why bother going to Auckland when Christchurch has so much more to offer? Located just north of Banks Peninsula on the shores of Pegasus Bay, Christchurch is renowned for its astonishing terrain and culture. The largest city on the South Island and the third-largest in all New Zealand, the “Garden City” is an awesome spot for anyone looking to get away for a while.
If you can’t wait to run wild in this coastal city, check out our Christchurch holiday packages and start crafting your out-of-office email.
You can ski, bike, surf and bushwalk—all in a single day—during one of our holidays to Christchurch. Whether you want to get in touch with your inner treehugger or earn an unofficial degree in local history, there’s something for everyone in the quirky corner of Canterbury:
- Wildlife and eco-tours: Looking for nature? You won’t need to look far. This region is chockablock with flora and fauna living in one of the world’s most beautiful landscapes. Hug a koala while on land, dive beneath the waves to make friends with Nemo, and hang out with more of the curious creatures that call this area home.
- Art and galleries: If you’re keen on discovering New Zealand’s culture, Christchurch is brimming with art institutions and educational centres. The enormous collection at Christchurch Art Gallery is sure to wow you, while nearby Timaru's Aigantighe Art Gallery showcases some of the most incredible creations in the country, including English Victorian paintings and international works dating back to the 17th century.
- Māori culture: Christchurch's Ko Tāne Living Māori Village at the Willowbank Wildlife Reserve lets you play a role in interactive experiences centred around the history, traditions and food of the Māori people.
If just lying around relaxing doesn’t sound like your kind of holiday, don’t worry—Christchurch has you covered. Here are a few selfie-taking opportunities that will give your mum quite the start when she sees them.
- Fly through the sky: Thrill-seekers can choose between skydiving in Methven or bungee-jumping at Hanmer Springs, as each town is just an hour’s drive from Christchurch. Looking for something a little tamer? Hop into a hot air balloon for an unforgettable view of the mountains, plains and Pacific Ocean.
- Get wild on the water: Jet boat trips through the Waimak River Gorge are an essential part of the Christchurch experience, while sea kayaking offers a quieter way to explore the aquatic scene. Set off on a seafaring expedition to find blue penguins (yes, they’re the cutest of all penguins; no, you can’t cuddle with them), or let the wind carry you above the water on a paragliding trip.
- Adrenalin Forest: If you’re not having fun unless your heart is pounding, here’s the adventure for you. This high-wire attraction on the fringes of Christchurch challenges you and your companions to blast through more than a hundred elevated challenges while doing your best not to scream like an adolescent girl.
Wotif makes it easy to book flights and accommodation in Christchurch in the blink of an eye. And by snagging one of our Christchurch car hire deals, you can see the surrounding area on your own schedule.
So what are you waiting for? Browse our offerings, choose the Christchurch package that fits your budget, and send that out-of-office email to your boss. You’ve got a holiday to get to!
Things to do in Christchurch
Ready to grab your holiday by the horns and ride it off into the sunset? Travelling is all about experiencing new and wonderful things (no matter how late you stayed up last night).
Still got some space on your itinerary? Here are our top recommendations:
Top Christchurch hotels
^Savings based on all package bookings made with Flight + Hotel on Wotif.com from , as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.