ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
All 29 rooms feature free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and portable fans. Additionally, fridges, phones, and irons/ironing boards are available.
This hotel offers a nightclub, free WiFi in public areas, and luggage storage. There's also free self parking, along with the convenience of an airport shuttle.
Sights within a 15-minute walk of this Whangarei hotel include Whangarei Art Museum and Claphams National Clock Museum.
Grand Hotel, Whangarei ratings based on 105 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Grand Hotel, Whangarei
22 Feb. 2019 by Lesley - Manager
Thanks for staying with us, your comments have been taken into consideration (Fans are available on request)
17 Jan. 2019 by Les
Thanks for your kind review, next time you come, ask for a room away from the noisy music, we are only too happy to oblige
19 Jan. 2019 by Les
Hi, all reviews are taken seriously, and this is no exception. I can assure you that this party was a one off and will never happen again. Ask for a back room if you need quiet
19 Jan. 2019 by Les
Hi, thanks for staying at the Grand. Unfortunately, idiots, unbeknownst to us had thrown bottles up onto the balcony. Yes sorry, this is a pub and as such can be quite noisy
9 Nov. 2018 by les
Sorry about parking, you should have been informed..Yes I'm afraid the partying is out of our control, once the clubs are closed they go to eat at the local pizza place
About the Grand Hotel, WhangareiLocation 2 Bank Street, Whangarei, 0110
There's a restaurant on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Public spaces have free WiFi. A round-trip airport shuttle (available at scheduled times) is available for a fee. A casino and a nightclub are also featured at Grand Hotel, Whangarei. Limited free parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this Whangarei hotel.
- 1 building
- 1 floor
- 29 guestrooms or units
- 2 bars or lounges
- Built in 1886
- Dining venue
- Conference space
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Pool or billiards table
- Smoking in designated areas
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: Whangarei (WRE) (8.5 km / 5.3 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
- Parking: Free self parking
Grand Hotel, Whangarei offers 29 forms of accommodation with an iron/ironing board and portable fans. Flat-screen televisions are featured in guestrooms. This Whangarei hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and microwaves can be requested.
- Flat-screen television
- Microwave available
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Iron and ironing board
- Portable fan
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
Grand Hotel, Whangarei has a restaurant on site.
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at 10 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The front desk is open daily from 7 AM - 10:30 AM.
The check-in location differs from the property location. To check in, go to Shunters Bar (Public Bar)
If you are planning to arrive after midnight, please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
Airport shuttle service is available at scheduled times from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM. Contact the property in advance to get details. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Guests arriving after the alternate check-in location public bar is closed must contact this property by telephone for check-in instructions. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
The front desk at this property is open daily from 7 AM - 10:30 AM.
The check-in location differs from the property location. To check in, guests will need to go to Shunters Bar (Public Bar)
Guests arriving after midnight must make advance arrangements by contacting the property using the information on the booking confirmation.
Airport transport is offered at scheduled times from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 12 and younger are not allowed at this adults-only property. All guests older than 12 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
- No lifts
- Minimum guest age is 12
- Cash Deposit Required
- Caters to adults only
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Breakage deposit: NZD 400 per stay
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: NZD 1 per person (one-way)
- Late check-in fee: NZD 20 for check-in between 10 PM and midnight
- Late check-out fee: NZD 20 (subject to availability)
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Grand Hotel Whangarei
- Grand Whangarei
You should know
- Grand Hotel, Whangarei offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- This is an adults-only property and guests under 12 years old aren't allowed.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
This property does not have a Qualmark® rating. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our ratings system.