Shanghai Holiday Packages
If you threw a dart at a map of China, you’d probably hit a city that’s worth a visit: Beijing, Hong Kong, Hangzhou…Shanghai. Let’s talk about that last one for a second, because we think you’d thoroughly enjoy a holiday trip there. Between partying your way up and down The Bund, eating ridiculous amounts of delicious and weird street food, and experiencing everything in between, you won’t have a problem filling your schedule with fun things to do. But right now, the number one priority on your list should be to book one of Wotif’s fantastic Shanghai holiday packages. You can let us know how much you liked it when you get back!
If You’re Hungry, Go Eat
Like most big cities in this country, the street food here is out of this freaking world. From the Old City to The Bund, you won’t have an issue finding something good to eat. Book car hire in Shanghai from Wotif to search for your new favourite dish. Here are a few to keep your eye out for:
- Birds on a Stick – If you think this dish is not what it sounds like, think again. It’s usually made with whole pigeons, marinated in a variety of spices and sauces, and then grilled to perfection. Sounds and looks weird, but actually tastes pretty darn good. Head to the Qibao Town neighbourhood for the best birds on a stick.
- Crab Shell Pie – It’s not really a crab shell, but when the oval pies are baked in the oven until they’re golden brown, that’s what they look like. They also happen to be stuffed with savoury fillings, making them extra delicious.
- Ci Fan (rice balls) – These tasty little devils are a traditional breakfast meal. They’re made from glutinous rice and stuffed with a fried dough stick, pickled vegetables, pork floss, white sugar…and if you’re feeling wild, ham and eggs. After a few of these, you’ll have plenty of energy for the rest of the day.
Go Exploring and Do Something
We know you’ll be mighty full from all the delicious street food, but don’t let that keep you down. There’s too much to do in this city to just sit in your hotel room all day thinking about your next epic meal. Get out and about and check out some of these cool things to do during holidays to Shanghai:
- Shanghai Museum – It never hurts to get acquainted with the history of a new city. Located in the People’s Square in the Huangpu District, this gigantic museum of ancient Chinese art is fantastic. There are galleries featuring ancient bronze statues, calligraphy, ceramics and much more.
- Zhujiajiao Water Town – If you ever dreamed of hanging out in an ancient water town that was established some 1700 years ago, this is the place for you. Go for a boat ride through the canals and stop off at the teahouses to sample some of the local tea products. There are also plenty of small storefronts to buy handmade clothes and trinkets.
- Propaganda Poster Art Centre – Even though this place only has two rooms, those rooms are filled from floor to ceiling in rare posters. Most of them are political in nature and have images of Mao Zedong on them, but they’re still very cool.
Get ready to enjoy a trip to the Far East, because right now Wotif has the best offers on Shanghai package deals—and you need to book one immediately. Since your boss gave you an extra few days off to gallivant around China, book one of our Shenzhen holiday packages and make the three-hour flight south. There’s an amusement park there. Why wouldn’t you go?