Thailand might be the greatest place on earth. One moment you’re sitting on a beautiful beach drinking out of a coconut and the next you’re raging your face off at a nightclub. In between all that, you’re checking out cool Buddhist temples, eating amazing—and sometimes weird—food and doing anything else you want. And you can pretty much do that in any city in the country, but right now we’re talking about Phuket.
Wotif has great offers on the best boutique hotels in Phuket, so book one now and say goodbye to your worries forever.
Out & About
Our Phuket Boutique hotels are beyond comfortable, so we understand how hard it can be to leave the room, but you have to get out and explore the world around you. Head for the coast, head for the jungle, head for the town—we don’t care, just go. Here’s a few activities we think you’ll enjoy:
- Phang Nga Bay – There are so many ridiculously beautiful bays and inlets in the area, you might go crazy trying to figure out which ones to visit. Before you lose your marbles, hop on one of the tour boats that operate in the area and check out the many small islets that sit in the bay. You might recognise the 20m limestone rock of Ko Ta Pu from the James Bond film The Man with the Golden Gun. There’s also plenty of opportunities to snorkel and scuba dive during your island-hopping excursion.
- Buddhist Temples – If you’ve ever felt the urge to explore more Buddhist temples in one day than you have in an entire lifetime, Phuket is the perfect place for you. There’s several great temples to choose from; Wat Chalong is the most important of all of them and is open daily. There’s also Wat Khao Rang, Wat Phra Thong and Wat Srisoonthorn.
- Phi Phi Islands – Yes, another day trip to more islands…but it is so worth it. Spend a day or two hopping from one moss-covered rock to another, soaking up as much vitamin D as you can. One island you need to stop at in particular is Koh Phi Phi Leh, because that’s where the majority of the movie The Beach was filmed. You probably won’t run into Leo DiCaprio, though. Sorry.
Food & Drink
You’re on holiday—a well-deserved holiday, to be exact—so treat yourself to a nice meal or two. And then when you’re done taking care of your appetite, hit the town for some late-night activities. Wotif’s boutique hotels in Phuket are close to plenty of options for dining and nightlife. Check out some of these places below:
- The Plantation Club – If you booked a room at The Pavilions, Phuket, you’ll be within easy walking distance of this fantastic restaurant—it’s right on-site. They have epic seafood dishes from the Gulf of Siam like Thai fish cakes, and traditional regional dishes like wok fried rice noodles with chicken and chilli sauce. No matter what you order, it’ll be delicious.
- Three Sixty – Just a few metres from The Plantation Club is the rooftop bar of Three Sixty. When you’re done with your incredibly tasty meal, make your way up here and enjoy a mango daiquiri while taking in unobstructed views of the surrounding area. Time it perfectly for sunset and you’ll be in for a treat.
- Bangla Road – When you’re ready to party from midnight until midday, this is the street to do it. Located in the centre of Patong Beach village, there’s so many nightclubs and bars here, your head may spin. If you can keep your wits about you, head into one of the clubs that offer a cabaret show and get ready to see something you’ve never seen before. Head home to Phuket boutique accommodation to recharge and process all that craziness.
That’s it! We can’t stand the sight of you sitting at your desk all alone, bored out of your skull. Enough is enough. It’s time for you to get the heck out of town, so browse Wotif’s selection of offers on boutique Phuket hotels and book one like the Sleep With Me Hotel now. You’ll have plenty of time to forget about real life for a while.