Where do you go when you want to swig back good coffee, wander through fantastic boutiques, and maybe even find your fortune deep in the belly of the earth? If you answered, “Bendigo,” then congratulations—you can read minds! We were just thinking there’s nothing more low-key than staying in a tourist park while you explore everything Bendigo has to offer. Whether you plan on spending all your time in the old mine or want to do a little shopping on Chancery, a getaway in Bendigo can make it all happen.
Perks of Bendigo caravan parks
- Pet friendly: Can’t bear to leave Pete and Repeat at home? Head for BIG4 Holiday Lane Park in Junortoun and bring your furry friends with you!
- Great traveller reviews: Avondel Caravan Park and A-line Holiday Park. Both get high marks from visitors. Guests at A-line have even reported friendly kangaroo visits!
- Beautiful scenery: Bendigo camping grounds are set amidst stunning locales. Bendigo may be one of the largest inland cities in Victoria, but it sure has its natural charms, like gorgeous Rosalind Park.
Things to do in Bendigo
- Learn about the galaxy and everything in it at the Discovery Science & Technology Centre.
- Wander down Chancery Lane and do a little shopping and self-care. Get a massage or a tattoo (or both…you’re on holiday, aren’t you?) and knock back some coffee.
- Strike it rich at the Central Deborah Gold Mine…or try to, anyway. It’s no longer an active mine, but it’s closely entwined with Bendigo’s history and offers guided tours to those who don’t mind heading up to a couple hundred metres underground. Who knows, you might find a nugget!
Bendigo is a smashing location for a relaxing getaway for all ages. But why stop there? Book top accommodation with Wotif and explore Bendigo and beyond!