ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
All 23 shared rooms feature free WiFi and portable fans.
At the hostel's own bar/lounge, you can stop for a drink. Other amenities include free WiFi in public areas, a fitness centre and coffee/tea in a common area. Each morning free breakfast is served. There's also free extended parking, along with the convenience of free train pick-up service.
With a stay at this Albany hostel, you'll be 4.1 km (2.5 mi) from Middleton Beach.
1849 Backpackers Hotel ratings based on 28 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for 1849 Backpackers Hotel
About the 1849 Backpackers HotelLocation 45-49 Peels Place, Albany, WA 6330
You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Free breakfast is served daily. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. A fitness centre, a library, and a terrace are also featured at 1849 Backpackers Hotel. A roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and A train station pick-up shuttle are free. Free self parking is available. This Victorian Albany hostel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 1 floor
- 23 guestrooms or units
- Built in 1849
- Local cuisine
- Breakfast available (free)
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee in lobby
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Games room or arcade
- BBQ grill(s)
- Outdoor picnic space
- Computer for guest use
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Arcade/game room
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking , Free self parking , Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Airport: Albany, WA (ALH) (12.2 km / 7.6 mi)
- Property shuttles: Free airport shuttle and train station pick-up
- Parking: Free self parking, extended parking, and RV/bus/truck parking
1849 Backpackers Hotel offers 23 forms of shared accommodation which are accessible via exterior corridors and feature portable fans and blackout curtains. Each accommodation is individually furnished. This Albany hostel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Guests can make use of the shared/communal kitchen. Bathrooms include a bath and shower with a deep soaking bath. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- Accommodations are shared
- Communal kitchen
- Deep soaking tub
- HD television
- Bathtub or shower
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Blackout drapes
- Exterior corridor access
- Portable fan
- Unique furnishings
Food & Drink
Guests are served a free local cuisine breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The front desk is open daily from 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM.
24-hour airport shuttle service is available upon request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
The front desk at this property is open daily from 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM.
Airport transport is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for AUD 10.0 per day.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Parties and events are allowed on site. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Only service animals are allowed
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- No lifts
- 24-hour check-in
- Events/parties allowed
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Crib (infant bed) fee: AUD 10.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- 1849 Backpackers
- 1849 Backpackers Albany
- 1849 Backpackers Hostel
- 1849 Backpackers Hostel Albany
- 1849 Backpackers Hotel Albany
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- 1849 Backpackers Hotel offers transfers from the airport and train station. Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation 24 hours prior to arrival with your arrival details.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Alcohol isn't served at 1849 Backpackers Hotel.