Get ready for more fun than you can shake a sauce bottle at! Mudgee is the winner of the Festival of Wot? competition and that means Wotif is bringing them the Festival of Snags.
It’s a chance for all of NSW’s Central West to come together and celebrate their award-winning snags, gourmet produce and local wine. There’ll be snag games, live music, food tastings, kids’ activities and more!
Want to make a weekend of it? Use coupon code MUDGEE15 on our checkout page to save 15% on select Mudgee stays for the Festival of Snags weekend.
As a tribute to everyone’s favourite savoury snack – the humble, mouth-watering snag – a whopping selection of sausages will be available to eat and buy at the Festival of Snags Meatpacker District. There’ll be local faves from S&S Meats, Let’s Meat, Mudgee Lamb, Perry Street Meats and the award-winning Gulgong Butchery, and heaps of snags to sample, including creative flavours like Vegemite and cheese.
Mudgee’s renowned local wine, produce and gourmet delicacies will take centre stage in the Taste Mudgee food hall. There’ll also be food trucks from Smokin Bro & Co, Bank Corner Wine & Gelato Bar, Kookaburra Estate Farm Kitchen, Pizza on Wheels and My Thai Mudgee. As well as picnic hampers for purchase, courtesy of Milnes of Mudgee.
PIMP YOUR SNAG & COOKING DEMOS
Consider yourself a snag connoisseur? Then the Pimp Your Snag condiment station by Milnes of Mudgee is for you, with endless topping combinations to dazzle your Instagram followers (and your tastebuds). Or perhaps you’re a budding chef? Then check out the live cooking demos held throughout the day, led by Mudgee’s own The Little Cooking School.
SNAG GAMES & COMPETITIONS
Battle it out in the Game of Snags arena as you compete in a series of high-stake challenges, including snagiator jousting battles and competitive snag tossing. For the ultimate challenge, get your Snag A-Team together and go head-to-head with ride-on inflatable snag races and pass-the-snag tong relays. And would it be a snag fest without an eating competition? That’s right, there’s a snag eating and tying competition where snag fans will compete to win the coveted title of Snag King or Queen. Registrations for the snag eating comp open at 12pm on the day at the festival Information Point (located next to the Taste Mudgee Hall). Go on, have a crack. You’ve got to be in it to win it 👑.
CHIPOLATAS KIDS’ ZONE
Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten the little snags! The Chipolatas Kids’ Zone will keep the kiddos entertained for hours, with a giant inflatable obstacle course, a petting zoo, face painting and a huge colouring wall. Or grab your best buds and have some fun with giant backyard games of Jenga and Noughts and Crosses.
Feel like a break? Or just fancy some time to enjoy a wine with your pimped-up snag? Head to the main stage, where there’ll be community performances from Mudgee’s Dance Unlimited and some of the region’s best local musicians including Karl Christoph and Smith & Jones. And the cherry on top (or the sauce on the sausage 😉), in the evening the festival will close with a special performance by Australia’s larger-than-life party starters Furnace and the Fundamentals.
200 BALES AND MUDGEE LIONS CLUB
In coordination with the Mudgee Lions Club, money raised on the day will go to 200 Bales to support the region’s hardworking farmers and landholders. Fundraising activities include gold coin donations encouraged on the day, a meat tray raffle donated by local butchers and profits made through the ‘Wot Shop’ including limited edition merchandise such as t-shirts, stubby coolers, caps and picnic blankets.
THE WOTIF SEARCH ENGINE
Last but not least, don’t forget to check out to the Wotif Search Engine. It’s the best-looking truck on Aussie roads, specially made to help you find your perfect holiday match.
Plus, want to go in the running to win a $3,000 Wotif travel credit to go towards your next Aussie holiday*? Look out for Festival crew members at the Information Point, outside the Taste Mudgee hall. T&Cs apply, read more at https://www.wotif.com/lp/deals/snag-your-wotif-holiday-promotion.
Home to fantastic wineries, incredible restaurants and stunning heritage buildings, Mudgee is one of Australia’s most delicious destinations and the perfect weekend escape.
STAY: Mudgee offers a great selection of affordable motels, boutique hotels and apartments! Scroll to the bottom of this page to check them out.
DRIVE: Mudgee is a 3.5hr drive from Sydney. Have a squiz at Wotif’s great car hire deals here.
TRAIN: Train services are available from Sydney to Lithgow, with connecting bus services to Mudgee. Visit Transport NSW for more info.
FLY: Direct flights from Sydney to Mudgee are available with regional air services, or you can fly into one of Mudgee’s neighbouring towns, Dubbo or Orange. Check out Wotif’s top flight deals here.
Terms and Conditions
Qualifying Bookings: This promo code discount applies only to stand-alone select hotel bookings (not a hotel booking in combination with any other product such as flight + hotel or flight + hotel + car) made online at www.Wotif.com that are pre-paid at the time of booking (subject to the restrictions set out in the terms and conditions below).
Promo Code: MUDGEE15
Promo Code Value: 15% off select hotels
Maximum Discount Value: The maximum savings discount is up to $150.
Redemption Period: 12:01 am AEST, 10 October 2019 to 11:59 pm AEST, 30 November 2019.
Travel Period: The travel dates must be between 27 November 2019 and 4 December 2019 (inclusive).
How to use your promo code:
• You must make your hotel booking online with Wotif.com.
• Search for a hotel for your desired stay dates, within the travel period given above.
• During the booking process, on the payment page you will see the link “Enter coupon or promo code” where you can enter the promo code.
• Enter the promo code code in the relevant field and then click the “Apply” button. If your booking is eligible, the applicable discount will be subtracted from the price of the travel reservation before the application of any taxes, applicable fees or additional costs.
• This offer does not apply to multi-room bookings.
*TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Subject to the restrictions set out in these terms and conditions and compliance with the above, the promo code may be applied to a pre-pay stand-alone select hotel only booking (not a hotel booking in combination with any other product such as flight + hotel or flight + hotel + car) made online at www.Wotif.com. The promo code can only be used for pre-pay bookings and cannot be redeemed against bookings which are paid at the destination.
2. The coupon code may only be used in relation to the first room booked on an eligible single booking. This means that where the eligible booking includes more than one room, the coupon code will only be applied against the first room in the booking.
3. The promo code cannot be redeemed against hotel stays at: Amara, Amari Hotels and Resorts, AMResorts, Aston Resorts, Corinthia Hotels, Emaar Hotels, Fairmont, Fortune Hotels, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, Furama, Hilton Worldwide, Hotel 81, HV Hotels, Hyatt, IHG, Independent, Kempinski Hotels and Resorts, La Quinta, Lowes, Mandarin, Mandarin Oriental Hotels Group, Mariana Bay Sands, Marriott, Meritus, Millennium, Movenpick Hotels and Resorts, Omni, Playa, RIU Hotels, Raffles Intl Hotels and Resorts, Rosewood Hotels, Sandals Resorts, Scandic Hotels Chain, Starwood, Swiss Quality Hotels, Swissotel, Taj Hotels Resorts & Palaces, The Leela Palace, The Peninsula Group, Thon Hotels, Venetian Macau, and Vinncci. The list of hotels for qualifying bookings may change at any time.
4. The coupon code entitles you to 15% off the price of the relevant travel reservation before the application of any taxes, applicable fees or additional costs. The maximum savings discount is up to $150. Customers are limited to one (1) redemptions of this promotion code. After those two bookings, this promo code will not be able to be used again, even if one or more of those bookings is cancelled.
5. The promo code cannot be redeemed against taxes, supplier fees, cancellation or change fees/penalties, administrative fees or other miscellaneous charges, which are the sole responsibility of the customer.
6. Usual booking terms and conditions apply (see http://www.wotif.com/p/info-other/legal.htm) and all bookings are subject to availability.
7. The promo code may not be used or combined with other coupons, promotions or special offers.
8. The promo code cannot be used for any booking previously made. It will be deemed fully redeemed once a qualifying booking has been made. The promo code has no cash value and no refunds or cash alternative will be offered. There is no residual value and no credit will be issued if the purchase amount is less than the promo code discount. The promo code may not be re-used, even in the event that you change or cancel the booking.
9. The promo code is void where prohibited by law and may only be used by legal residents of Australia aged 18 and over.
10. The coupon code may not be used by employees of Expedia group companies or any other person professionally connected with this offer including, without limitation, travel agency affiliate program partners.
11. Improper use of the coupon code by you including, but not limited to, publication or selling of the coupon code is prohibited, will result in the voiding of the coupon codes use, and may constitute fraud.
12. This Coupon may not be transferred or sold. Coupon codes obtained through unauthorized channels, mutilated, altered, copied, forged, damaged, manipulated, or tampered with in any way will be deemed void.
13. Expedia Inc. reserves the right to change or withdraw this offer at any time and to cancel any bookings made where the coupon was improperly obtained or used to make any speculative, false, or fraudulent bookings.
14. This offer is from Expedia Inc.
15. Terms and conditions of this coupon are as written and cannot be changed by any representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of Expedia Inc. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
16. Fulfillment of the offer is the sole responsibility of Expedia Inc.