AU$57 Yangon accommodation
Check hotel prices in Yangon
Unique Yangon Accommodation
Top hotel deals in Yangon
Top budget Yangon hotel deals
- MK HotelNo-1, Wut Kyaung Street, Yay Kyaw, Pazun Daung Township, Yangon
- Hotel Grand United 21st DowntownNo. 66-70, 21st Street, Latha Township, Yangon
- Merchant Art Boutique Hotel67/71, New Yay Tar Shay Street, Bahan, Yangon
The price is AU$136 per night from Jan 19 to Jan 20
- City Star Hotel169/171, Mahabandoola Garden Road, Kyautadar Tsp, Yangon, Yangon
The price is AU$123 per night from Jan 19 to Jan 20
- Shwe Htee Guest House ChinatownNo. 40 Sint Oh Tan Street, Latha Tsp, Yangon
- Family Treasure Yangon93, 13th Street, Lanmadaw Tsp, Bet: Anawyahtar Rd & Maharbandoola, Yangon
The price is AU$65 per night from Jan 19 to Jan 20
Top luxury Yangon hotel deals
- Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon40, Natmauk Road, Tamwe Township, Yangon
The price is AU$93 per night from Feb 17 to Feb 184.6/5Wonderful! (9 reviews)
- The Strand Yangon92 Strand Road, Yangon5/5Exceptional! (1 review)
- Sule Shangri-La Yangon#223 Sule Pagoda Road, Yangon
The price is AU$139 per night from Jan 25 to Jan 264.8/5Exceptional! (6 reviews)
- Belmond Governor's Residence35 Taw Win Road, Dagon Township, Yangon
The price is AU$240 per night from Feb 1 to Feb 25/5Exceptional! (1 review)
- Sedona Hotel Yangon1 Kaba Aye Pagoda Road, Yangon
The price is AU$140 per night from Jan 19 to Jan 20
- PARKROYAL Yangon33 Alan Pya Phaya Road, Dagon Township, Yangon
The price is AU$103 per night from Jan 19 to Jan 204/5Very Good! (2 reviews)
Accommodation In Yangon
Broad tree-lined streets with rows of colonial architecture; Yangon isn't your typical tightly-packed South East Asian city and it's worth visiting for that reason alone. Loaded with interesting history and Buddhist temples, this former capital of Myanmar will welcome you with open arms.
The undoubted highlight of Yangon is Shwedagon Paya which is the most sacred Buddhist site in the entire country. Monks flock from across Myanmar to this magnificent golden pagoda which lights up at night time for some spectacular photo opportunities. Admire and appreciate this incredible site which can be easily accessed via taxi from your Yangon hotel. If you thought the famous reclining Buddha in Bangkok was impressive then prepare yourself for the Chaukhtatgyi Buddha in Yangon. This enormous statue is located nearby to Shwedagon and if you look closely you will notice the crown worn by the Buddha is decorated with precious stones.
As a former British colony, Myanmar still bears a number of hallmarks from that era and this is especially the case in Yangon. The Strand Hotel is a classic piece of Victorian architecture opened in 1901 and is still one of the best known hotels in this part of the world. Even if staying there is out of your budget, a quick visit is recommended. Downtown is also full of fantastic old buildings which make you imagine what life was like here over a century ago. Take a stroll from our Yangon hotels and immerse yourself in the past.
For a deeper understanding of the history and culture of Myanmar, head to the National Museum. On display are a range of unimaginably expensive royal possessions including jewellery and a 26 foot high throne. No visit to the city would be complete without a tour around Bogyoke Market which is over 70 years old and consists of 2000 shops. Remember to bring some bartering skills and a good sense of humour.
From our hotels in Yangon there is so much to discover in this brilliant city.Image from vivelevelo
How much is a hotel room in Yangon?
Hotels in Yangon start at AU$57 per night. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.