Paris Holiday Packages
We probably don’t even need to write an introduction to the city of Paris, but that’d be sacrilegious—“The City of Lights” deserves all the introductions in the world. Why? Because it just might be the most glamorous place on Earth. From the world-class art museums like the Louvre to the Michelin-starred restaurants that seem to be on every corner, this town is freaking phenomenal. So stop wasting time doing whatever it is you’re doing and book one of Wotif’s Paris flight and accommodation deals now. Bonjour!
Museums, Museums and More Museums
It’s hard to enjoy Paris holidays without spending solid time wandering around a museum or two. And since this city has more than you can count on all your fingers and toes, snag one of our Pari s car hire deals and cruise over to a few:
- The Louvre – We’re going to start out with the best of them all: The Louvre is the most famous art museum in the galaxy, and Paris holidays are a complete waste of time without a visit to this joint. Before entering the museum, be sure to take a picture in front of the glass pyramid so you can one-up your Instagram followers. After you get in, make a beeline for the Mona Lisa and see if you can figure out what she’s smiling at. There’s also a great collection of Egyptian antiquities that’s worth a peek.
- Musee d’Orsay – Located on the left bank of the Seine, this museum is home to a very large collection of French Art, including paintings, sculptures, photography and furniture—yes, furniture is considered art by certain people. Some of the artists whose works are on display include Monet, Manet, Cezanne, Gauguin and Van Gogh. You’ve no doubt heard of a few of them, right?
- Musee du quai Branly – Enough with the art already. It’s time to be amazed by some artifacts! The museum is home to some 450,000 objects relating to indigenous art and cultures of Asia, Africa, Oceania and the Americas. There’s all sorts of cool stuff, like a mask from the Pende people of Congo and a giant Moai ancestor head from Easter Island.
Snails, Cheese and Wine
Who hasn’t heard of the epic food scene in Paris? Some of the greatest chefs in the world were trained in the kitchens of these establishments! Here are a few restaurants worth ordering from:
- Le Grand Vefour – This restaurant dates back to the late 1700s and is still cranking out some of the best dishes in the city. Located next to the gardens of the Palais Royale and headed by a chef named Guy Martin, Le Grand Vefour has perfected classic French dishes like duck liver ravioli and truffles parmentier of shredded oxtail. Thanks to his talents, this joint has earned itself a Michelin star in recent years.
- Restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse – The dining room of this place looks like something that Louie XVI used to frequent before he lost use of his head. Chef Alain Ducasse is a genius—we bet he can whip up the best roast poulet de Bresse with medallions of black truffle with his eyes closed. Add a nice bottle of wine to that meal and the best dinner of your life will be underway.
We’d like to tell you a little more about what to do in this awesome city, but we think we’ve said enough. Book one of our amazing deals for holidays to Paris and enjoy your time in the capital of France. And when you’ve had enough of the art museums and fine restaurants, reserve one of our Nice holiday packages and hop on the quick flight north to the French coast. Bathing suits are optional!
Things to do in Paris
Wanna know the secret to a perfect break? It's easy! Just surround yourself with new things and relish every amazing moment that heads your way.
We've collated a list of sweet Paris experiences for you to have a look at: