Hotels near Lake Matheson
More than just hotels
Apartments, cabins, holiday rentals and more, plus millions of reviews from Aussie & Kiwi travellers
Free cancellation on select hotels and 24/7 support, so you can book with confidence
Check hotel prices in Lake Matheson
Feel the breeze in your hair and unwind at Lake Matheson.
It is to be found in Fox Glacier, which sits 200 kilometres from Queenstown.
Located just 2 kilometres away from Lake Matheson, the Mt Cook View Motel is the top accommodation option in the immediate vicinity.
If you want budget-friendly digs, check out the Climbers Rest. It's only 4 kilometres away.
This area also boasts upscale hotels for those visitors looking for a luxurious experience and the best in amenities. You'll enjoy your stay at the Distinction Fox Glacier Te Weheka Boutique Hotel and Misty Peaks.
If you want to re-energise, pop into Matheson Cafe. It's at 1 Lake Matheson Rd, Fox Glacier, only 0.2 kilometres from Lake Matheson.
Other Things to Do Near Lake MathesonTry not to spend the whole day at Lake Matheson. This region has heaps more going on:
- Fox Glacier is a stunning place to visit, so ensure you snap some photos so you can show the family.
- Get the oxygen pumping with an energetic walk through Alex Knob.
- Be struck by nature with a trip to see Sentinel Rock, a remarkable rock formation.
- Nature enthusiasts should arrange to check out Roberts Point during their stay in the region.
- Natural creations, like Franz Josef Glacier, are a reminder of our continually changing landscape. Visit this mass of ice to ponder its primitive beauty.
How much is a hotel room in Lake Matheson?
Hotels in Lake Matheson start at per night. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.