ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
You can enjoy LED TVs with digital channels, and all 198 rooms feature free WiFi, balconies and sofa beds. Minibars provide refreshments, and 24-hour room service makes dining in an option. Nice touches to enhance your stay include bathrobes and slippers, while pillow menus invite a good night's rest. Sitting areas, separate bathtubs and showers and coffee/tea makers are also available.
A day of pampering at Quan can include massages and mani/pedis along with access to the steam room. The restaurant, Tides, serves international cuisine and is open for lunch and dinner. With 2 bars/lounges and a poolside bar to choose from, you can enjoy a drink at the hotel. Spend the day at the beach and enjoy the on-site free kids' club, health club and steam room. Additionally, you'll find free WiFi in public areas, a kids' swimming pool and laundry facilities. Buffet breakfast is available on weekdays between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM and on weekends between 6:30 AM and 11:00 AM. There's also free valet parking, along with the convenience of an airport shuttle.
Places within a 30-minute drive of this 5-star Weligama hotel include Handunugoda Tea Museum and Martin Wickramsinghe Folk Museum.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
% of guests recommend out of 1009 reviews
About the Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & SpaLocation 700 Matara Road, Pelana, Weligama, 81700
Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa offers its guests a full-service spa, 3 the outdoor swimming pools, a waterslide, and a health club. There are 3 restaurants on site. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include 2 bars/lounges and A poolside bar. WiFi is free in public spaces. You'll find a business centre on site. A kid's pool, a steam room, and a rooftop terrace are also featured at the luxury Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa. A round-trip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and an area shuttle are available for a fee. Self parking and valet parking are free. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 5-star Weligama hotel.
- 198 guestrooms or units
- 14 levels
- 3 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- Bar by the pool
- Kid's club (free)
- Supervised kids' activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- Towels for the beach
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- BBQ grill(s)
- Outdoor picnic space
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- Children's pool
- Free WiFi
- Children's club (free)
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Sofa bed
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , Free valet parking
- Airport: Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.) (174.7 km / 108.5 mi)
- Train station: Midigama Railway Station (6.4 km / 4 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle and area shuttle
- Parking: Free valet parking and self parking
Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa offers 198 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and a safe. Rooms open to balconies. This accommodation has separate sitting areas and includes sofa beds and day beds. A pillow menu is available. 55-inch LED televisions come with digital channels. Bathrooms include a separate bath and shower, a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers and telephones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and coffee/tea makers. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis.
- Private balcony
- Sitting area
- Pull-out sofa bed
- Day bed
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LED television
- Digital channels
- Coffee maker
- Pillow options
- Separate shower and tub
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Climate control
- Ceiling fan
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM and at the weekend from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM.
Tides – This restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Weligama Kitchen – This restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Open daily.
Big Fish – This restaurant specialises in seafood and only serves dinner. Open daily.
Surf's Up – This tapas bar serves lunch and dinner. Open daily.
Mirissa Baking Company – This Cafe serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
- Steam room in spa
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available upon request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Airport transport is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 5 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- 24-hour check-in
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- New Year's Eve gala dinner fee
- Christmas Eve gala dinner fee
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 16 for adults and USD 8 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 175 per vehicle (one-way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD 175 (one-way), (from 5 to 11 years old)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Weligama Bay Marriott Resort Hotel
- Weligama Bay Marriott Resort
You should know
- Weligama Bay Marriott Resort & Spa offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- For stays on 24 December, the total price shown includes a charge for a mandatory Christmas Eve gala dinner.
- For stays on 31 December, the total price shown includes a charge for a mandatory New Year's Eve gala dinner.
- One child 5 years old or younger stays free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.