Small-Group Craft Beer Tour with Lunch & Tastings
- Exploration of the booming craft beer scene in Canberra
- Chance to try rare hand-pumped cask ales at Wig & Pen
- Selection of top Aussie brewers at Durham Castle Arms
- Frosty pint with classic pub grub at the Old Canberra Inn
- German-style beers with a twist at the Zierholz Brewery
Canberra Explorer Tour
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- You must be aged 18 or older.
- At least 4 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Maximum group size is 10 people.
- Tour stops may vary.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
What you can expect
Treat your taste buds to a day of ice-cold beer and classic pub grub. With a brew-loving guide behind the wheel, set off to uncover the beer culture of Canberra, with stops for tastings at breweries and beerhouses and a hearty lunch at the Old Canberra Inn.
Meet your group of ale aficionados in the suburb of Braddon and board a coach for your first destination of the day—the Wig & Pen Brewery. Here, settle in for a tasting from an excellent selection of 16 taps, from hand-pumped cask ales to funky sours. If around, chat with head brewer Alan Ball to get insight into his methods, and perhaps get a peek at what's quietly ageing away in the barrel room.
From here, head to the iconic Durham Castle Arms, known for regular tap takeover and craft beer “fight clubs.” Enjoy a tasting of staples from some of Australia's best craft brewers including Stone & Wood, Fortitude Brewing, Prickly Moses, and Brewcult.
Once you've whetted your appetite, head north to the Old Canberra Inn. Kick back with a frosty pint of pale ale or milk stout while digging into a plate of favourites like burgers and fish and chips. Cap off the day with a stop Zierholz Premium Brewery, where head brewer Christoph has been crafting German-inspired beers with a Canberra twist. Get to know the difference between a dunkel and a dopplebock, a schankier and a schwartzbier, before making the drive back to Braddon.
Download the Wotif app and make your trip a breeze
- Get real-time notifications for gate changes and flight delays
- Access all your itineraries, even when you’re offline
- Save with mobile-exclusive deals