Shore Excursion: Hobbiton & Rotorua Sightseeing Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Stress-free shore excursion with convenient transport
- Exploration of the magical world of the Hobbiton film set
- Te Puia, a geothermal valley with geysers & hot springs
- Look into Maori culture & spot a Kiwi
- Stunning New Zealand views
Hobbiton and Rotorua Day Tour
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- This tour is specifically designed for cruise ship passengers.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- If you are not on a Cruise Ship you cannot do this tour
- Meals are not included in this tour but time is allowed to have lunch at a local cafe or Hobbiton.
- This tour is NOT suitable for users of mobility scooters or wheel chairs as there is no storage capacity on the minibus.
What you can expect
Seize the opportunity to explore 2 of New Zeland's must-see locations: Hobbiton and Te Puia in Rotorua. This revealing shore excursion takes you to the breathtaking farms used in films and into a unique geothermal valley that doubles as a cultural centre for the Maori people.
Disembark your cruise at Port Tauranga and board a bus that takes you over rolling hills and fields to Hobbiton. During a guided tour, explore the scenic sheep farm that was used as a set in the Lord of the Rings films. Your guide points out the area's most famous locations as you pass by facades and sets still laid against the grassy knolls.
From Hobbiton, continue on through the city of Rotorua, getting a glimpse of its charming personality and landmarks, and arrive at Te Puia. A living centre of Maori culture, Te Puia is famous for its geothermal valley, Visit volcanic wonders like bubbling pools of mud and steaming springs of boiling-hot water, We will visit a carving school and see craftsman fashion traditional wood carvings, then move on to watch Maori women demonstrate flax weaving. A short walk takes us through the geothermal valley of Whakarewarewa to view the mud pools, the famous Pohutu geyser and hot pools that make Te Puia unique. See New Zealand's iconic flightless bird, the Kiwi in a purpose built Kiwi-house. Explore the recreated traditional Maori fortified village.
We then depart Rotorua for the return to Tauranga to rejoin the ship.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Individually wrapped food options available
- Port Of Tauranga Limited
- 2 Salisbury Avenue
- Mount Maunganui 3116
Download the Wotif app and make your trip a breeze
- Get real-time notifications for gate changes and flight delays
- Access all your itineraries, even when you’re offline
- Save with mobile-exclusive deals