Combo Tour: National Mall + National Gallery of Art
- Guided Combo Tour
- Enjoy a guided highlights tour with a personal touch
- Learn about the Monuments
- Visit the Memorials
- Experience a Guided tour of the National Gallery of Art
Private National Mall + National Gallery of Art- Combo Tour
Live Commentary in English.
Small Group Option up to 8 guests
Live commentary in English. SAVE Money and book this Small Group Option with up t 8 guests per guide!
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 2 participants to run. Unfortunately we cannot currently accept bookings of 1 Guest.
- No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security
- Some specific locations are subject to rules requiring quiet or restricted right to speak inside. In these cases your guide will provide the information about the rooms contents before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Please provide a phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip.
- Wheelchair tour only available as PRIVATE (guide will not be able to provide a small group tour for guests that require wheelchair)
What you can expect
On this 5 to 5.5 hour Private Tour we’ll explore the history of the nation’s capital as well as the monuments and memorials of the National Mall, followed by a visit to the National Gallery of Art and its artistic treasures. Maximise your precious time in DC by letting one of our knowledgeable guides show you the way on this amazing combo tour.
Start by getting to know Washington DC through its collection of iconic outdoor monuments. We’ll explore the DC’s rich history as well as the monuments and memorials of the National Mall that feature figures like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Your local guide will share the stories about the major players and events in American history that have earned memorials on the Mall and the mysterious symbolism built into these structures. Revisit memorials to fallen of World War II, the Korean War, and Vietnam. You’ll be treated to many photo opportunities along the way, so keep your camera handy.
After a break for lunch, explore the National Gallery of where you’ll find an eclectic mix of art from Renaissance artists, the French Impressionists, and great American painters all under one roof. Our guides will take you on your own private excursion to discuss pieces by artists including Da Vinci and Degas. Monet’s “Woman with a Parasol,” Stuart’s portrait of George Washington, and Titan’s “Venus with a Mirror” are just some of the highlights. They’ll share the stories and, if you’re lucky, the scandals behind these paintings. Discuss the techniques used to create these important works as well as the museum itself, which transformed from a nearly empty building to a world-class museum in less than 100 years.
Highlights Generally Include: (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.)
Ginevra de’ Benci by Leonardo da Vinci
The White House
Venus with a Mirror by Titian
World War II Memorial
Self Portrait by Vincent Van Gogh
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitiser provided
Download the Wotif app and make your trip a breeze
- Get real-time notifications for gate changes and flight delays
- Access all your itineraries, even when you’re offline
- Save with mobile-exclusive deals