Milford Sound Cruise from Milford
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 4 and younger are complimentary.
- Check-in is 20 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
What you can expect
The best way to discover the wildlife and natural beauty of Milford Sound, the world-famous fjord, is by boat. Following scenic transport from Queenstown, Te Anau or meeting the tour from Milford, cast off from the shores, and track the marine mammals living in this stunning environment.
On your journey to Milford Sound, gain first hand knowledge of the scale of this region with its dramatic, ever-changing landscapes. Upon arrival board your cruise vessel and head out onto the pristine waters. Your skipper sets the route for the day, tailoring the itinerary based on the day’s conditions.
Begin by hearing about the history of the area as you travel the length of the fjord. You can feel the spray from the cascading waterfalls, gaze up at the lush, verdant hillsides covered with native trees as you cruise close to the sheer cliffs.
As well as a diversity of local flora, there’s also a variety of animals. Keep your eyes on the waves for glimpses of playful dolphins, bobbing seals, and even elusive diving penguins. Journey back to Queenstown through the magnificent alpine landscapes refreshed and invigorated from your cruise.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Hand sanitiser provided
Download the Wotif app and make your trip a breeze
- Get real-time notifications for gate changes and flight delays
- Access all your itineraries, even when you’re offline
- Save with mobile-exclusive deals