Floating Market Tour with Long-Tail Speedboat Ride
Cleaning and safety practices
- Traditional floating market on the canals of Damnoen Saduak
- Countryside & scenic landscapes of Rachaburi Province
- Insight into lifestyle of locals who live & work on water
- Chance to learn about the process of making coconut sugar
- Long-tail boat ride to put you in the heart of the action
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children aged 1 and younger are complimentary.
- If you choose the option with hotel pick-up, the pick-up is available from most centrally located Bangkok hotels. Please arrange pick-up from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pic
- If you choose the option without hotel pick-up, please make your own way to Narai Hotel by 6:45 AM and is non-refundable.
What you can expect
Take an unforgettable boat tour on a peaceful canal that weaves through Thailand's picturesque countryside. Experience the lifestyle of locals who live and work on these interconnected waterways, and take in the daily bustle at Damnoen Saduak, popular floating market selling colourful handicrafts and fresh produce.
Begin your day by getting picked up at your hotel (if option is selected) or meet at Narai Hotel in Silom, and then head out of town, passing through the beautiful Rachaburi Province to glimpse the timeless lifestyle of the people who reside along the canals in the Damnoen Saduak District.
Stop by a coconut farm for a look at the process of making sugar from this useful native fruit, and then continue past houses set right on the water. Listen as your guide shares stories about the area's farmers, who use canal waters in this naturally fertile area for both irrigation and transport.
When you reach your boat, hop on board and cruise through the scenic waterways on your way to the famous floating market. Arrive and admire massive piles of fruit and vegetables carefully stacked on small boats. Snap photos of each vendor, consider bartering for your own tasty snack, and look for handicrafts from artisans cruising through the market before you head back to shore and your hotel.
Optional paddle boat is available and payable on the day bookable with your local Guide.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Hand sanitiser provided
3.9 average out of 5 rating of 381 reviews
Sort reviews by
Download the Wotif app and make your trip a breeze
- Get real-time notifications for gate changes and flight delays
- Access all your itineraries, even when you’re offline
- Save with mobile-exclusive deals