Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise from Manapouri
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 4 and younger are complimentary.
- If you are prone to motion sickness, please take any necessary precautions. Consult a medical professional before taking any medication.
- If you are meeting the tour at the RealNZ Manapouri Visitor Centre, please check in 20 minutes prior to your departure time
What you can expect
Step aboard a beautiful cruise to explore the untouched waters of Doubtful Sound. With knowledgeable guides describing this pristine landscape's landmarks and wildlife, take in the remote majesty of the waterways and mountains in the heart of Fiordland National Park.
After you're checked in at our Manapouri Visitor Centre, ferry across the cobalt waters of Lake Manapouri before driving over Wilmot Pass, making your way into the remote depths of the park to board your cruise. Take in the striking silence of Doubtful Sound, broken only by occasional birdsong or the rush of a distant waterfall.
Spend 3 hours skimming across the waters of this wild fjord, listening to your guides as they answer questions, points out natural landmarks, and provide information about the sound's wildlife. Keep your eyes peeled for pods of dolphins, fur seals, and even rare Fiordland crested penguins during the cruise.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Hand sanitiser provided
Download the Wotif app and make your trip a breeze
- Get real-time notifications for gate changes and flight delays
- Access all your itineraries, even when you’re offline
- Save with mobile-exclusive deals