Cleaning and safety practices
Taste the world's best Chardonnay at DeMorgenzon wine estate
Biltong and Wine pairing awaits you at Marianne Wine estate
Sample Cheese and Wine tasting at Fairview wine estate
Snap a photo with Nelson Mandela's monument in Drakenstein
Take a drive along the Franschhoek Pass
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Private Tour Guide/Driver, private vehicle and fuel
Pick up and drop off at accommodation in Cape Town
Bottled water onboard the vehicle
Meals, drinks and Service charge (optional)
Wine Tasting Fees at all wine estates
Know Before You Book
The legal age for consuming alcohol in South Africa is 18 years old.
What you can expect
Embark on this delightful 10-hour Full Day Cape Winelands private tour in a private air-conditioned vehicle. Spend your day tasting various wines at multiple wineries, including pairings with curred meats and cheeses. Be sure to take time near the end of your tour to visit the prison in which Nelson Mandela was once incarcerated.
- DeMorgenzon (DMZ) Wine Estate: We depart for Stellenbosch from Cape Town and stop at DeMorgenzon. Here slopes rise from about 200m to nearly 400m above sea level with views of Cape Town, Table Mountain, Cape Point and Simonsberg. DeMorgenzon wine vineyards have no doubt that a biodiverse and ecologically sensitive environment produces infinitely better grapes and the beauty of DMZ gardens is captured in every bottle of the wine crafted at this award winning vineyard.
- Stellenbosch town: Explore one of the oldest towns in South Africa and see the Stellenbosch University campus. History, culture, natural beauty, sport, education and wine has made the name 'Stellenbosch' resonate around the globe as one of South Africa's premier tourist attractions.
- Marianne Wine Estate: Some of the best red wines similar to the Bordeaux Blend in France are produced here. Marianne Floreal wine was hand-picked by Chef Gordon Ramsay for Nelson Mandela's 91st Birthday Party. Enjoy a Biltong & Wine Tasting here.
- Fairview Wine Estate: Indulge in a Cheese and Wine tasting at Fairview Wine & Cheese Farm. The Fairview farm is on the south western slopes of the Paarl mountain range, approximately 60 km from Cape Town. The farm ranges in altitude from 400m above sea level on the slopes of the mountain to 180m on the valley floor.
- Franschhoek Pass: Explore the town of Franschhoek which is known as the Food and Wine Capital of South Africa. The name Franschhoek means French Corner. Listen closely as your tour guide tells you about the French Huguenots who arrived in the Cape with their wine expertise, while taking in the splendour of the Franschhoek Pass.
- Drakenstein Correctional Facility: Take a photo with the monument of Nelson Mandela infront of the entrance to the Drakenstein Correctional Facility, formerly known as Victor Vester Prison. This is where he served his last 14 months imprisoned. Guests will be dropped at their accommodation after the tour.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitiser provided