• The room (Number 7) stunk of damp. So badly in fact, I had to open the door and windows and sit outside for a while until it was breathable. However, every few hours the stench returned.
• Apparently, the room had been cleaned just before my arrival. There were coffee cup rings on the bedside tables, still sticky. And a half dead cockroach lying in the shower.
• My stay was Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. On Tuesday, the room wasn’t cleaned or replenished. After mentioning this to staff, the room was cleaned Wednesday, but no replenishment of the (tiny) shampoo and conditioner bottles. Both empty ones were left from the 2 days before. However, there was a new dead cockroach lying on it’s back in the shower.
• I never got the TV in the room to work. I did mention this to staff at the bar but nothing was ever done.
• I never got the Internet to work. Your welcome book in the room listed you ‘free’ wi-fi network as:
BigPond627580 and password 2B8978892E.
There was no such network. On asking at the bar, I was told that, in fact, the networks was:
hhotel and the password heathcote1.
This actually worked for the first evening, then it too disappeared and never returned. I half-heartedly mentioned this to bar staff, nothing was ever done. I ended up using my mobile phone as a hotspot while staying at the hotel, thus incurring even more expense.
The dining room is a glimpse into insanity, Children run wild and screaming even into over 18 areas.