Get an overview of this hotel 4.5-star resort with pools, private beach, full-service spa
A luxury stay in Oak Beach awaits you at Thala Beach Nature Reserve. You'll be 14.9 km (9.2 mi) from Great Barrier Reef and 11.7 km (7.3 mi) from Four Mile Beach. Highlights at this beachfront resort include 2 outdoor swimming pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach.
All 83 rooms feature flat-screen TVs with digital channels, and you can enjoy furnished balconies or patios, DVD players, and in-room childcare. Minibars provide refreshments, and in-room dining is easy with amenities like refrigerators and room service. Separate bathtubs and showers, coffee/tea makers, and ceiling fans are also available. Limited housekeeping is available.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Thala Beach Nature Reserve
Step outside to unwind on the white sand beach. At Thala Beach Nature Reserve you can cool off in one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools and indulge in a pampering afternoon at the full-service spa.
Dining options at the resort include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the resort's bars, which include a beach bar and a bar/lounge. A computer station is located on site and wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury resort also offers a garden and a terrace. Complimentary self parking and valet parking are available on site.
Thala Beach Nature Reserve has designated areas for smoking.
- Picnic area
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free valet parking
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Computer station
- On private beach
- Conference space size (meters) - 150
- Luggage storage
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 83
- Number of floors - 1
- Number of buildings/towers - 83
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Beach bar
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built - 1998
- Coffee shop or café
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 1615
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, Free valet parking
- Airport: Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.) (51.8 km)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle, area shuttle within 15 km)
- Parking: Free valet parking and self parking
- DVD player
- Furnished balcony or patio
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Limited housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Iron/ironing board
- Number of bathrooms -
- Flat-panel TV
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Digital TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Osprey's Restaurant - Overlooking the ocean and garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with a private beach.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Ecotours on site
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Mountain biking nearby
- Kayaking on site
- Skydiving nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Rafting nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Rejuvenate has 1 treatment room. Services include sports massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and reflexology.
The spa is open select days.
- Prenatal massage
- Number of treatment rooms 1
- Sports massage
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 50.0 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 31.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 45.00 per person (one way)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 50.0 per day
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Thala Beach
- Thala Beach Lodge
- Thala Lodge
- Thala Lodge Beach
- Thala Beach Hotel Port Douglas
- Thala Beach Resort
- Thala Beach Nature Reserve Hotel
- Thala Nature Reserve Hotel
- Thala Beach Nature Reserve
- Thala Nature Reserve
- Thala Beach Nature Reserve Resort
- Thala Nature Reserve Resort
- Thala Beach Lodge
- Thala Beach Resort