You don’t have to go far from Cairns for your next beach weekend. Just 27km to the north is Palm Cove, a tiny beach town that we’d call “quaint” if we were the kind of company that used words like “quaint”. But we’re not, so we’ll stick to words like “charming”, “secluded” and “peaceful”.
Palm Beach is relatively small, but the strips of shoreline within reach are pretty darn awesome. We’ve done some preliminary exploring so we can point you toward some spots that are close to our Palm Cove beach hotels.
- Ellis Beach: Just north of Palm Cove itself is Ellis Beach. Wander down a quiet stretch of tan sand, the roar of the sea on one side and a blanket of palm trees on the other. You wanted peace and quiet? You got peace and quiet.
- Trinity Beach: You can spend all day splashing through the warm waters of Trinity Beach…or you can do some exploring. Snap some pictures of yourself looking bad-arse at the False Cape Battery—an old fortification dating back to World War II—or reenact your favourite Finding Nemo scenes during a snorkelling session.
- Palm Cove Beach proper is quite nice, if we do say so ourselves (and we do). From here, you can kick off an adventure at the Great Barrier Reef or tour the nearby rainforest. Or you can stretch out on the sand. We won’t judge.
Home Sweet Home Away From Home
The best part about your trip will undoubtedly be all the time you end up spending at the ocean, but the second-best part is going to be Palm Cove accommodation. Seriously, the digs we’ll set you up with are gonna be sweet. Check out these two joints:
- The Reef House Palm Cove MGallery: Quick, you need to combine the charm of a boutique facility with all the stuff that makes a holiday special—like massages, a bar that operates on the honour system (yes, exactly) and oceanfront views, for starters. The Reef House has all of them, but be warned: Once you get here, you may never want to leave!
- BeachView Apartments at Villa Paradiso: “Paradiso” means “Paradise”, so you know from the start, these folks aren’t joking around. All of the rooms come equipped with a balcony that overlooks the Coral Sea, so you can hear the gentle thud of the surf even when you aren’t rolling around on the beach itself. This place is downright idyllic—what more can you ask for?
We’ve showed you around the local beaches and picked out some of our best Palm Cove hotels for you to stay in—the rest is up to you, mate. Book your holiday today and head for the Coral Sea tomorrow. Tell Nemo we said hello!
Need insider tips on must-see attractions in Palm Cove? Check out our Palm Cove travel guide!