ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
You can enjoy free WiFi, living rooms, and dining areas, featured in all 16 shared rooms. Bathrooms are shared.
This hostel has free WiFi in public areas, a library, and a garden. Other amenities include laundry facilities, barbecues, and a picnic area. Each morning breakfast is available between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM.
With a stay at this 4.5-star Mount Cook hostel, you'll be 22.9 km (14.2 mi) from Lake Pukaki.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
81.0% of guests recommend out of 335 reviews
About the YHA Aoraki Mt Cook - BackpackerLocation 4 Bowen Drive, Mount Cook, South Canterbury 7946
As a guest of YHA Aoraki Mt Cook - Backpacker, you'll find a sauna, a library, and tour or ticket assistance. WiFi is free in public spaces. A BBQ, multilingual staff, and a garden are also featured at the eco-friendly YHA Aoraki Mt Cook - Backpacker. Self parking is free. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 4.5-star Mount Cook hostel.
- 1 building
- 16 guestrooms or units
- 2 levels
- Built in 1982
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Corner/local shop
- BBQ grill(s)
- Outdoor picnic space
- Television in lobby
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Separate living room
- Free WiFi
- Grocery/convenience store
- Laundry facilities
- Separate dining area
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Airport: Christchurch (CHC-Christchurch Intl.) (327.4 km / 203.4 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
YHA Aoraki Mt Cook - Backpacker offers 16 forms of shared accommodations with air conditioning and blackout curtains. This accommodation offers separate living rooms. This Mount Cook hostel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Guests have access to shared bathrooms. Bathrooms include a shower.
- Accommodations are shared
- Bathrooms are shared
- Dining room
- Living room
- Blackout drapes
- Air conditioning
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy breakfast daily from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
- Check-in time starts at 1:30 PM
- Check-in time ends at 7:30 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- No pets allowed
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- No rollaway/extra beds available
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between NZD 6.50 and NZD 8.00 for adults, and NZD 6.50 and NZD 8.00 for children (approximately)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- YHA Mt Cook Hostel
- YHA Cook Hostel
- YHA Aoraki Mt Cook Hostel
- YHA Cook
- Yha Mt. Cook Hotel Mt. Cook Village
- YHA Aoraki Cook Hostel
- YHA Aoraki Cook
- Yha Mt. Cook Hotel Village
- YHA Aoraki Mt Cook New Zealand/Mt. Village
- YHA Aoraki Mt Cook Backpacker Hostel Mount Cook
- YHA Aoraki Mt Cook Backpacker Hostel
- YHA Aoraki Mt Cook Backpacker Mount Cook
- YHA Aoraki Mt Cook Backpacker
- YHA Mt Cook
- YHA Aoraki Mt Cook
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Qualmark, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodation in New Zealand. This Backpacker property has been rated 4 star plus, which is displayed on this page as 4.5 stars.
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®