ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
You can enjoy flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, and all 165 individually decorated rooms feature free WiFi, hairdryers and phones. Minibars provide refreshments, and in-room dining is easy with amenities like fridges and round-the-clock room service. Nice touches to enhance your stay include free toiletries, while premium bedding and pillow menus invite a good night's rest. Irons/ironing boards and desks are also available.
A pampering day can include deep-tissue massages and hot stone massages. The restaurant, Avenue Restaurant, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Business amenities include a 24-hour business centre and conference space. Plus you'll find free WiFi in public areas, a coffee shop/café and coffee/tea in a common area. Full breakfast is available on weekdays between 6:30 AM and 10 AM and on weekends between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM. There's also self parking, along with the convenience of an airport shuttle.
Places within a short walk of this 4.5-star Launceston CBD hotel include Princess Theatre and Albert Hall Convention Centre.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston ratings based on 994 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston
About the Hotel Grand Chancellor LauncestonLocation 29 Cameron Street, Launceston, TAS 7250
There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. You'll find a 24-hour business centre on site. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. Spa services, tour or ticket assistance, and multilingual staff are also featured at the luxury Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston. You'll have access to the outdoor pool and health club at a partner property. A round-trip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) is available for a fee. Parking is available for a fee. This 4.5-star Launceston hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 165 guestrooms or units
- 6 levels
- Built in 1989
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Business centre (24 hours)
- Conference centre
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Launceston, TAS (LST) (15.3 km / 9.5 mi)
- Train station: East Tamar Junction Station (2 km / 1.2 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston offers 165 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and a hairdryer. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. Beds feature premium bedding. A pillow menu is available. 32-inch Flat-screen televisions come with premium satellite channels and pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit and complimentary toiletries. This Launceston hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include an iron/ironing board and blackout curtains. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Films for purchase
- Electric kettle
- Luxury bedding
- Pillow options
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10 AM and at the weekend from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
Avenue Restaurant – This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are required.
Late-night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available at scheduled times. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to get details.
Airport transport is offered at scheduled time 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. For details, please contact the property in advance.
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 40.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- 24-hour check-in
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: AUD 100.00 per day
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: AUD 28 for adults and AUD 10 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 40 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: AUD 25.00 (roundtrip), (from 3 to 15 years old)
- Self-parking fee: AUD 6.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40.00 per night
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston
- Grand Chancellor Launceston
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston Tasmania
- Hotel Grand Chancellor
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Free in-room WiFi has a 4-device limit. WiFi in public areas is also free and has a 4-device limit.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian star ratings agency, Star Ratings Australia.