Brisbane Holiday Packages
What’s So Special About Brisbane?
You know that Australia’s chockablock with stunning sights and fun things to do—not to mention those crazy cool animals we’ve got. The question that Brisbane holiday packages can answer for you is this: What haven’t you experienced in this vast country? There’s plenty that makes Brisbane unique:
- Streets Beach: Nature didn’t provide any sandy stretches, but that didn’t stop the Brisbanites—they just made their own! Streets Beach, in the South Bank Parklands, is Australia’s only man-made, inner-city beach, so throw out your towel and enjoy.
- The great outdoors: With near-perfect year-round temperatures, don’t be surprised if you want to spend most of your Brisbane holiday outside. Paddleboard along the river, cycle along its banks or make tracks for Mount Coot-tha for incredible views of the skyline.
- Record-setting nightlife: No need to quiet down around here—Fortitude Valley stakes its claim as Australia’s very first dedicated entertainment district. Yes, it’s all party, all the time, from live music at The Zoo to fist-bumping with the best of them in The Met nightclub.
Live Like a Local
If there’s one place you’ll definitely be wishing you were a local, it’s Brisbane. Sure, Melbourne may be more popular with the tourists, and Sydney holiday packages get snapped up like hotcakes. But Brisbane getaways have the best of all worlds: awesome weather and big-city atmosphere…without the crowds. Don’t believe us? Check out these top spots for really soaking up the uber-cool vibes—and the sunshine.
- New Farm: This neighbourhood is the popular new kid in school, and it’s just as stylish and friendly. See what’s on at the Brisbane Powerhouse, a power station turned art gallery and restaurant. You might catch a comedy show or live music on Sunday afternoons. Pro tip: The free CityHopper ferry can get you there—and you can get some pretty awesome snaps when you’re board. Two for one!
- GOMA: Its long form is “Gallery of Modern Art”, but no one calls it that. It’s a super-famous art museum, so it’s not exactly a locals-only secret, but it’s definitely cool enough to make the list. We do have one insider hint: It has its own cinema, showing themed movies that complement the exhibitions.
- Markets: Saturdays are the day to shop till you drop, so hop in your ride from that Brisbane car hire and pack the boot so full, you’ll need a few extra suitcases to get all your stuff home. Head to Davies Park Markets in West End for live music and laid-back vibe, or Valley Markets in Fortitude Valley for funky fashion, jewellery and cheap eats.
We’ve mentioned that lively nightlife, active adventures and chilled-out lazy days can all be part of the deal when you book Brisbane travel. But what about food? Well of course! Stuffing your face with a diverse mix of cuisine from all continents is a time-honoured Brisbane holiday activity. Here’s where to find it.
- Fortitude Valley: This place isn’t just for nightlife—all those partiers need fuel, you know. At the Chinatown Mall, the yum cha breakfasts (tea and steamed dim sum) are legendary, and you can also find some pretty sweet souvenirs.
- CBD: If you’re feeling fancy, there’s only one place to go. The CBD is home to Brisbane’s only three-hat restaurant, Esquire. There are also uber-classy whiskey bars, romantic French spots and craft cocktails for days.
- West End: Simply no idea what you want to eat? Make your way to the West End and walk along Boundary Street—problem solved. You’ll find Japanese, Thai, Greek, modern Australian, vegetarian, pizza and yes, even more.
Haven’t we convinced you yet? It’s time to stop staring at the screen and book one of our cheap Brisbane packages while you still can! Just kidding, they’re not actually going anywhere. But you should be! So get on that, book today and we’ll see you in Brissie.